Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

RSS New York: 2014 SRT Viper TA attacks Manhattan [w/video]

Ringo64

• Founders

Filed under: New York Auto Show, Coupe, Performance, SRT

2014-srt-viper-ta-new-york.jpg

As if the 2013 SRT Viper GTS hasn't stirred up enough excitement, SRT has created a more specialized version of the car designed to attack any track. On display at the New York Auto Show, the 2014 Viper TA has been enhanced for even better track duty, but production will be limited to just 33 units when it goes on sale later this year.

Obvious changes to SRT's flagship performance car include upgraded Brembo brakes, a carbon fiber x-brace under the hood and carbon fiber front and rear spoilers - the latter aero changes providing about 300 pounds of additional downforce at speed. Oh, and if you didn't notice, the car will only be offered in this eye-blazing Crusher Orange paint job with black, lightweight wheels wrapped in Pirelli P Zero Corsa tires. The black-only interior gets similar contrasting orange stitching all over to bring some color indoors.

Less obvious changes include a revised two-mode Bilstein suspension that is firmer than the standard Viper GTS to begin with, and has a "smaller spread between the modes," suggesting that even though the car is road-legal, it's likely to be a pretty extreme ride. Asis the case with "lesser" Vipers, the TA relies on the 8.4-liter V10 to churn out 640 horsepower and 600 pound-feet of torque. Scroll down to watch a new video of the TA and to read the official press release.

Continue reading 2014 SRT Viper TA attacks Manhattan [w/video]

2014 SRT Viper TA attacks Manhattan [w/video] originally appeared on Autoblog on Wed, 27 Mar 2013 11:58:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments
autoblog?i=IUr3r2-wqco:NjgOl0MM25I:wF9xT autoblog?i=IUr3r2-wqco:NjgOl0MM25I:V_sGL
IUr3r2-wqco

/>http://feeds.autoblog.com/~r/weblogsinc/autoblog/~3/IUr3r2-wqco/

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

My boy loves the Viper even more than the Corvette. I think because there is one running around the neighborhood and he's seen it from time to time since he was little. I am glad to see Chrysler's halo car back. I think Ford made a huge mistake getting rid of the GT40.

• 4 years later...
On 3/28/2013 at 12:34 AM, Ringo64 said:

Less obvious changes include a revised two-mode Bilstein suspension that is firmer than the standard Viper GTS to begin with, and has a "smaller spread between the modes," suggesting that even though the car is road-legal, it's likely to be a pretty extreme ride. Asis the case with "lesser" Vipers, the TA relies on the 8.4-liter V10 to churn out 640 horsepower and 600 pound-feet of torque.

The two-mode Bilstein suspension is called DampTronic Select. I've read that the shocks have modes which are manually selectable between "Race" and "Normal". If the car exceeds to 90 mph, the shocks will automatically switch to Race mode. It also features a remote reservoir.