Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Being brief, I have an all original 1966 pontiac Parisienne (Canadian specs with shipping docs) and I really need to change the Brake Booster/ Master Cylinder out. I can't find one on line anywhere so now I'm trying to see if anyone knows (absolutely without a doubt) what car has the exact same fit??? someone told me a Catalina then someone else said the Bonni.... So before I spend the money I would like to know for sure (year, model, etc....)... any true help out there??

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Frosty, notallthere, JUSTA6 (maybe another 1 or 2) will know. theyll post when they see this.

The Parisienne was the Canadian equivalent of the Bonneville. You need to looks for parts from/for a Bonneville. I believe the Canadian ones are more skinned Chevys than Pontiacs (Like my Phoenix) So you might be better off looking for parts for an Impala, Bel Air, or Caprice, Which are all similar vehicles. You could also try the Olds 88 and the Buick LeSabre.

But yes, basically, your car is a Bonneville.

Parisenne's should have the same booster as the Impalas, Caprices, Catalinas, Bonnevilles as well as the Grand Prixs.

All of the big cars at least. Check the canadianponcho.com as they are smarter then I am.

I agree with notallthere. Canadian Pontiacs of the 60s were more Chevrolet than Pontiac in terms of chassis components. I will check with my buddy, dualquadpete. He lives outside of Toronto too. He owns a '64 Catalina with dual 4-barrels...hence the name.

We were correct, comformation from dualquadpete. I posted your question to him verbatim and his answer is:

You are Correct "sir" all mechanicals are from the Chevrolet!! The Cdn. Pontiacs were just a Chevy in disguise!!!