Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

security light indicator

I don't know if you guys can help, I don't see many Grand Prix's in my body style on here but hell, I want to figure this out lol

I am getting a Viper alarm and remote start. I was told that I can change the color of my security light indicator but what is the part number and where can I find different ones? Thanks.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

I don't know if you guys can help, I don't see many Grand Prix's in my body style on here but hell, I want to figure this out lol

I am getting a Viper alarm and remote start. I was told that I can change the color of my security light indicator but what is the part number and where can I find different ones? Thanks.

I own the same model Grand Prix! :bacon:

What security light indicator? You mean the little red dot on the dash? Or the security light on the instrument cluster? And why do you want to change the color?

• Founders

And why do you want to change the color?

To match the rest of her pink color scheme lol.

Easy as probably getting a piece of plastic the same size and coloring it or getting an led the color if its on the instrument panel, these are just assumptions of what I would do if I wanted it, I actually don't know the full looks of a GA too well so I wouldn't trust me :angry:

I own the same model Grand Prix! :angry:

What security light indicator? You mean the little red dot on the dash? Or the security light on the instrument cluster? And why do you want to change the color?

Yeah the little red one on the dash, and because I don't want it red! lol I was thinking pink but if I can't then I want it blue :)

Yeah the little red one on the dash, and because I don't want it red! lol I was thinking pink but if I can't then I want it blue :angry:

Never actually looked at it. Ill have to check it out tomorrow morning. See if it just pops out or if you have to get under it.

Never actually looked at it. Ill have to check it out tomorrow morning. See if it just pops out or if you have to get under it.

More than likely you will have to get under it

Well we called the place where I am getting my alarm and it is a blue led and it's built in my antenna so there wont be a light on my dash. Oh well, blue is 110% better than red ;)

Most alarm systems have some sort of an indicator light. you should find the wiring diagrams online and put in your own lights.

I had a buddy with an 05 Civic Si and he put a blue LED near each door like on the B Pillar and they were blue... when the alarm was on the led flashed on each side so if a jackass went up to either door they would see the flashing and go away.

Well I looked at it. The part of the dash the LED light is built into, just pops out. But you have to be careful because this includes the "light sensor" which works your automatic headlights.

But yeah I was under the impression with an aftermarket alarm, you no longer use this light. And the manufactuer has the option of installing a new/different light somewhere on the car. The red light on the dash will only work with the factory system.

I guess they say that the blue alarm light will flash when its armed but the red one wont. It will only flash when the car is not armed? lol idk. Its not that big of a deal. Just a though lol

BTW... Lovethe Avitar... hahaa

on topic....

You could easily change the blue LED for a pink one. or even get somethign like this....

1326.JPG

but make it pink... i am sure Ebay has "Pink LED Chasers"

I see them in blue and red all the time at "pepboys" "Napa" or "Orileys"

Most alarm systems have some sort of an indicator light. you should find the wiring diagrams online and put in your own lights.

I had a buddy with an 05 Civic Si and he put a blue LED near each door like on the B Pillar and they were blue... when the alarm was on the led flashed on each side so if a jackass went up to either door they would see the flashing and go away.

:wacko: I have two red scanners as they are called, on for each side, and have them wired up to chase back and forth once the alarm is engaged, it does more to discourage a thief than the simple blinking LED :lol2:

BTW... Lovethe Avitar... hahaa

on topic....

You could easily change the blue LED for a pink one. or even get somethign like this....

1326.JPG

but make it pink... i am sure Ebay has "Pink LED Chasers"

I see them in blue and red all the time at "pepboys" "Napa" or "Orileys"

lol thanks!

I think I will just stick with blue. It looks better than red.. right! lol

so when are you going to do the chaser?

:willy_nilly: when? I might also suggest trying this idea too... I'm doing it when I get back, but try getting the LEDs place into your A-Pillar, so it would have a clean factory look, but still be pretty awesome!