Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

RSS Video: Canadian takes over seven years to dig out basement using R/C construction equipment

Ringo64

• Founders

Filed under: Etc., Toys/Games, Humorlittle-giants-rc-construction.jpg

Radio-controlled cars and trucks truly are a labor of love. An expensive hobby no matter which way you slice it, the costs get exponentially higher the more scale accurate you try to make your machines. And when you're talking R/C construction equipment, we'd wager that hundreds of dollars quickly turn into thousands of dollars.

Now that we've established that R/C machinery is an expensive hobby, let's talk about its impact as a time-sucking activity. After all, not only must you completely assemble and perfect your radio-controlled creations, you're certainly going to get them out to play with them. Or, if you're a particular Joe from Saskatchewan, you're going to do real-life work with them.

According to a massive 50-plus-page thread on scale4x4rc.org, every morning Joe gets to work by loading his scale R/C excavator onto the back of a specially made R/C semi truck, then pilots the not-so-heavy equipment into his basement construction site. And by every morning, we mean every morning since June of 2005. Now that's dedication to the hobby. At the end of each day, all the newly excavated dirt and rubble is driven up a spiraling ramp and out the basement window.

Fortunately, Joe has documented his small-scale R/C basement construction project, so we can all gawk and gander at a full suite of photographs and videos showing how it's all been done. Check out the attached image gallery and the videos after the break to see for yourself. We see only one problem... this leaves no way to eventually win the heart of a girl.

Continue reading Canadian takes over seven years to dig out basement using R/C construction equipment

Canadian takes over seven years to dig out basement using R/C construction equipment originally appeared on Autoblog on Tue, 14 Feb 2012 19:58:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.<h6 style="clear: both; padding: 8px 0 0 0; height: 2px; font-size: 1px; border: 0; margin: 0; padding: 0;"></h6>Permalink | Email this | Comments

di</img>

di</img>

autoblog?i=2V-sxn0v07o:mcLHSlnA7hc:wF9xT3WuBAs</img> autoblog?i=2V-sxn0v07o:mcLHSlnA7hc:V_sGLiPBpWU</img>2V-sxn0v07o

/>http://feeds.autoblog.com/~r/weblogsinc/autoblog/~3/2V-sxn0v07o/

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Seriously.... there is NOTHING else to do in Saskatchewan!!!! This is by far the most interesting news out of the flat province EVER!!!

640px-Regina_from_the_west.jpg

BOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRIINNGGGGG!!!!!!

Props to the guy for keeping himself sane!

omg i just watched what this post was about and its insane!

On one hand i'm like what a giant loser!

Then the other i'm super jealous, but i feel after a full day of that i'd be good not to ever do it agian.

Either way that guy is committed!!!

Seriously.... there is NOTHING else to do in Saskatchewan!!!! This is by far the most interesting news out of the flat province EVER!!!

640px-Regina_from_the_west.jpg

Flat? How do you mean, topographically?

[/Corner Gas]