Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Piranha!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/pontiac-sun...=item3a6c31b859

!!fzcDE!BGE~$(KGrHqUH-DcEucSwE6hLBLo5JQmLew~~_4.JPG

I want the steering wheel. It would be a fun piece of Sunfire history to own, but I wouldn't pay the money for it. (Okay, if the Buy It Now was $500 like the starting bid, I'd be in!)

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

are you serious?

Well, if you look there's 1 bid... BUT it's for $500. I know it's not the reserve price but, if they settle for that much, I'll take it a part it out. I'm garunteed to make more than $500 if I parted it out.

If you read the description, it tells you. See the buttons on the steering wheel? You can see "P R N D" on the left side. They call it a steering wheel mounted tiptonic system.

• Founders

If the body was painted a normal color I could make a more serious note on this but at this point it's just :P at the paint.

' date='Nov 3 2011, 10:41 AM' post='61323']

Ugh...it's so 90's...do not want.

Also, am I missing something here...

!!fzcDOQBGE~$(KGrHqQH-D!EuYE)wGs9BLo5Jonslg~~_4.JPG

Where the bloody hell is the shifter?

You stomp on the floor, 1 stomp = up gear, 2 stomps = down gear, 2 quick stomps and then a third = reverse :(

If you read the description, it tells you. See the buttons on the steering wheel? You can see "P R N D" on the left side. They call it a steering wheel mounted tiptonic system.

Oh...that's interesting. Wonder why GM didn't mate a five speed with it, especially being performance oriented...

' date='Nov 3 2011, 08:57 PM' post='61379']

Oh...that's interesting. Wonder why GM didn't mate a five speed with it, especially being performance oriented...

Its a Manumatic. Probably wanted it to be more street use oriented because it allows for smoother shifts.

' date='Nov 4 2011, 06:38 PM' post='61426']

:dancingpontiac: no

Manual > Auto. In every aspect.

Not what I meant at all. Lets go over what I actually meant, shall we?

They probably wanted it to be more casual street by not making it fully manual. I never said it was better than a Manual, I meant it traded off higher performance for smoother shifting. To cater to people who wanted some performance but not have to deal with a manual. That is my opinionated answer to your question.

• Founders

Not what I meant at all. Lets go over what I actually meant, shall we?

They probably wanted it to be more casual street by not making it fully manual. I never said it was better than a Manual, I meant it traded off higher performance for smoother shifting. To cater to people who wanted some performance but not have to deal with a manual. That is my opinionated answer to your question.

:dancingpontiac: Hint the shift-tronics that the G6s have. It's an auto that gives you a chance to change gears and be more in charge of the car.

I've driven a lot of those "manumatics", they're not the best at all.

Maybe I'm biased because of all the manual transmission cars I've driven, but you just can't make an auto as fun and a manual. And efficiently putting down the power properly.

• Founders
' date='Nov 6 2011, 09:25 PM' post='61494']

I've driven a lot of those "manumatics", they're not the best at all.

:dancingpontiac: This isn't a debate (or at least I'm agreeing with you on manuals), I was just stating the purpose of the shift-tronics

:dancingpontiac: This isn't a debate (or at least I'm agreeing with you on manuals), I was just stating the purpose of the shift-tronics

Maybe so, but it just shows how lazy us Americans are getting. Manufacturers make these tiptronic autos into everything now, and STILL, the majority of them will never use the feature. Sadface.

• Founders
' date='Nov 6 2011, 09:30 PM' post='61496']

Maybe so, but it just shows how lazy us Americans are getting. Manufacturers make these tiptronic autos into everything now, and STILL, the majority of them will never use the feature. Sadface.

I don't think it's we're lazy but the fact that car people like us are becoming extinct. AKA all the Jap crap eco cars, yes they're great that it gives people the chance to own a new car that normally they couldn't afford but some of these people just don't belong on the road.

More people aren't seeing them as cars but just machines to get them places, they don't enjoy their car they just want to get in and out. It's horrible. Like I see some Toyotas around here that never get washed, they're brand new and the paint is fading already. The people drive them and don't care, what hits them or what they hit.

I can agree with you on that, but's not just Japanese cars, it's just the cars in general. Nobody takes care of them. I mean, look at this:

muwrhe.jpg

This is from a 2010 Chevy Cruze with 5,000 miles on it. Horrific.

• Founders
' date='Nov 6 2011, 09:57 PM' post='61498']

muwrhe.jpg

This is from a 2010 Chevy Cruze with 5,000 miles on it. Horrific.

Holy crap!! I don't think in the 5+ years of owning my car it's seen that much crap!