Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

I have a buddy that is considering either a G6 or an Altima he’s never owned a Pontiac before but likes the G6. What should he look for or avoid in a G6? He is looking at like a 08 or 09 sedan and wants a 4 cylinder for better fuel mileage. I’ve always owned domestic brands and he has only owned Japanese brands..

thanks.....

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Founders

Might be a little bias but G6 FTW!!!

I'd tell him to look into a V6 as well, unless he's doing crazy city driving because highway I get around what the LE5 (the 4 cyl.) gets. I get about 25mpg city and 33mpg highway.

Which aren't bad numbers for a V6 and you can get some good deals on GT's these days which is worth the upgrade IMO depending what you find, especially it being a DD and he's gonna spend a lot of time in it.

The G6 is alright...get a GT or GTP model if he wants some pep. Me personally, I'm not too fond of them. I've seen people have tons of issues with them, some trouble free.

If he wants an Altima...what model is he getting? The 3rd gens (02-06) are nice, but the QR25 powered models are slow as dogshit, but great on gas. SE models with the VQ35, those are just too much fun. Stupid huge aftermarket, and you can make a lot of HP with basic bolt ons and a tune. The SE-R model is the pinnacle of the 3rd gen, and I don't care who you are...275HP, same tune as a 350Z, six speed manual, tuned suspension...they're animals. The 4th gen Altimas, same deal. QR25 models efficent, but slow. VQ35 models are more powerful in these. The SE-R model was dropped...an SR model took it's place, but not as performance oriented as it's predessor.

• Founders
' date='Aug 30 2011, 07:08 PM' post='58833']

The G6 is alright...get a GT or GTP model if he wants some pep. Me personally, I'm not too fond of them. I've seen people have tons of issues with them, some trouble free.

I've seen more people with no problems than with problems. You only hear about the ones with problems because they have problems and well they're pissed lol. Like myself absolutely zero problems with mine :lol:

[ChaosweaveR] the owner of the site owns a G6 and the two guys that help him run it own G6's.................................

your doing it wrong..... Fail

:rofl:

PS I love mine the best car I have ever had!!!!

The GT's are worth the couple of extra buck hands down, you get so much more with the GT's. Tell your buddy to man up and get a coupe def the better looking car over the sedan. :bacon:

Thanks for the replies he really wants the car just to go to and from school (college) I don’t think he will be doing any mods. I vote for Pontiac too but then again I love my G8 GT it’s the best car I have ever had. And when I get the $$$ I want to mod her..

thanks.....

Oh and the reason he wants a sedan is cause they have a 5 month old baby…

Okay we took this car for a drive and looks good except for the fact that it makes a popping sound while turning the steering wheel. We took the car to a mechanic he said it's a intermediate shaft, is this a common or costly problem? other than that it's a sweet car and I think he wants it if the steering can be fixed.

http://www.golsn.com/listings/automotive/c...rs/2339694.html

thanks....

Common problem, I'm to lazy to fix mine, and eventually the sound went away. No clue if thats a bad thing or not. Being an '08 I think it just needs lubed. The newer ones have to be replaced. I also think you can do this at home. Really you should wait for someone that has done their's to post, as my knowledge here is very limited.

I had mine done under warranty and its not a big deal. They also redesigned it and the replacement wont have any issues in the future. Its a common issue but not a big deal the only other common issue is a sunroof leak. Other wise the g6 is a great dependable car. They should fix it before selling it to him, I think its an $80.00 part or so.

• Founders

I had mine done under warranty and its not a big deal. They also redesigned it and the replacement wont have any issues in the future. Its a common issue but not a big deal the only other common issue is a sunroof leak. Other wise the g6 is a great dependable car. They should fix it before selling it to him, I think its an $80.00 part or so.

:lol:

I would have the seller pay for it if it's a private sale, because you can get it done for free under warranty and they didn't. If it's a dealer just tell them to fix it before buying ;) Like Joe said it's common and inexpensive so I don't think you'll have a problem having the seller pay for it.