Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Tinted with decals =]

FYI on the decals, after certain time, exposure to the elements and sun, your decals will cause your window to look faded around them if you ever remove them. In other words, you will have the logo there forever...

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FYI on the decals, after certain time, exposure to the elements and sun, your decals will cause your window to look faded around them if you ever remove them. In other words, you will have the logo there forever...

^^ thats true...back in my ricer days...thats exactly what happened. Thats the main reason why I only have a little bit of vinyl stickers. :agreed:

well i dont plan on ever taking them off haha so dont think i will have to worry about it.

Decals don't last forever sadly. You'll probably get four years at most out of a high quality set. Even then, it's no biggie, just take a razor to it, clean the glass, and apply a new one. :agreed:

' date='Jan 29 2010, 12:03 PM' post='6847']

Honestly, for a side window decal, don't worry. They're so easy to replace. There's a custom vinyl shop nearby me, pretty much there's nothing he can't make. :agreed:

well they arent small hah they are the arrowhead and the letters on the front..but i mean i guess i wont have to worry about it

' date='Jan 29 2010, 12:18 PM' post='6850']

The front wipers don't hit the top of the windshield, and the rear, eh. They'll be fine.

my wipers nick like the bottom of 3 letters but i think it will be all right

try taking graphics off of the side of your car. geez that was a pain. ended up leavin some scratches but oh well. windows are so easy cuz all you have to do is take a razor blade and then use invisible glass foam to remove the left over gunk.

as for the tint, i know they sell tint now that doesn't fade. its hella expensive though. for my car, it was gunna be like $180 or $200 for all windows. i'll just go to mexico thank you. lol

try taking graphics off of the side of your car. geez that was a pain. ended up leavin some scratches but oh well. windows are so easy cuz all you have to do is take a razor blade and then use invisible glass foam to remove the left over gunk.

as for the tint, i know they sell tint now that doesn't fade. its hella expensive though. for my car, it was gunna be like $180 or $200 for all windows. i'll just go to mexico thank you. lol

You think yours were bad? You should have seen the before pictures of the G6, and what it looked like before I took the Goo Gone to it :lol2: And for tint, I recommend a two tone tint like I have in my G6, the first layer is your typical dark tint, and then the second layer is a clear tint that cuts over half the heat from the sun out and blocks UV rays, but it was pricey :willy_nilly: