Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Replacement Radiator 1959 Pontiac Catalina

Does anyone know where I might find a replacement radiator for a1959 Pontiac Catalina?

I've searched the internet high and low with no luck so far.

Thanks!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Have a place here In Pontiac Mich.  Took them my Rad from the Sunbird and they duplicated it in a 4 core to help handle Blower heat. This was 30+ years ago. Would probably get expensive to ship yours and shipping back with the replacement.  Search Radiator shops near you.  Good Luck

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Roadk01 said:

@JUSTA6 thanks. I actually live about 2 hours from Pontiac. I used to live near Baldwin and Walton lol. What’s the name of the place ?

Master radiator on Elizabeth Lk Rd. Across from the Old Pontiac Mall.  I know they are still there.  (Malls gone)  If they can still make ya a new one?? Or maybe repair yours if your tanks are still good.  Moog radiators might have what you need as well if you can find a dealer or the Moog website.

• Like 2

Believe Mastor's in Waterford Mi but might be Pontiac, very close to the line.  Did you make the Dream Cruise? or The Bricks in Flint?  How about Frankenmuth coming up?  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JUSTA6 said:

Believe Mastor's in Waterford Mi but might be Pontiac, very close to the line.  Did you make the Dream Cruise? or The Bricks in Flint?  How about Frankenmuth coming up?  

JustA 

when is Frankemuth ? 

• Like 2

This weekend!!!  Sept 8th 9th 10th.  Frosty plans to attend this year.  Next weekend is the last Golling show in Orion OR the Makeup show for Motor City Pontiac. The second of the 3 Pontiac shows.  Sellers Indian Summer last of the year show for me at least will NOT be held as the dealership has been sold and the new owners will not host the show anymore.

image.png.1e29923392f7b7103e4dd8e9a44f160d.png

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Roadk01 said:

@JUSTA6 i did and they suggested I bring it down to see if they can fix it. My concern is that if the transmission lines are rusted and leaking coolant there will be other issues with it down the road. 

There's a place in NY called Wizard radiator that believes they can fabricate a new one based on the specs of this one. 

Waiting for them to respond.

It's interesting, there doesn't appear to be any radiator design documentation available anywhere for this particular make and model. I had to take all the measurements from the old one and send over. Wizard is trying to see if they can modify a radiator made for a Cadillac of the same era. If not I'll be heading to Waterford :) I used to live there too, over on Airport and M59 "River's Edge Apartments"

Funny that right at the airport is where I got my ticket on Dream Cruise!  Many years ago, but I believe Master was able to remove and install my mounting tabs on the Bigger rad for the Sunbird.  Or they added rows to my tubes.  Who knows if your trans lines have ever been replaced.  That would be a given you'd replace those at this time if there is any rust on em. You should ask if Master could make you lines  and what the cost would be?  If they appear to you they are routed factory correct, take them with the RAD if you go that route.  OR Inline tube, hands down the best brake/fuel/trans lines available pre bent to factory specks and they are in Shelby TWP north of Rochester.  They are also a supplier of hard to find Pontiac parts for all models/years.  Were you able to make any shows this summer? Frankenmuth as you know,,, is this weekend, my last show of the year will be Bakers in Milford Sept 16th.

https://www.inlinetube.com/

Edited by JUSTA6
  • Like 1

AWESOME... :bowdown: Glad the SNO cammo was the correct choice for the SPECIAL OP's.   Glad to see you had perfect weather. If you go to Golling, I'll check into picking up your goodie bag at Bakers. I'm heading there.  No food meeting is a bummer! LMAO

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/8/2023 at 10:05 AM, Roadk01 said:

@JUSTA6 i did and they suggested I bring it down to see if they can fix it. My concern is that if the transmission lines are rusted and leaking coolant there will be other issues with it down the road. 

There's a place in NY called Wizard radiator that believes they can fabricate a new one based on the specs of this one. 

Waiting for them to respond.

It's interesting, there doesn't appear to be any radiator design documentation available anywhere for this particular make and model. I had to take all the measurements from the old one and send over. Wizard is trying to see if they can modify a radiator made for a Cadillac of the same era. If not I'll be heading to Waterford :) I used to live there too, over on Airport and M59 "River's Edge Apartments"

I have a place in Lake City. Justa off 55. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

@JustAG6 Thanks sir, I've been through all these sites and spoke to radiator guys from all over the country :)

i ended up going to a place called brassworks and they're making a custom radiator with the specs I provided from the original.

• Like 2