Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

51 straight 8 swap in a 33 straight 8

The engine in my 33 is shot, not rebuildable.  The 33 has the enclosed driveshaft.  I have access to a 51 straight 8 that is a great runner with high compression.  It has the 4 speed hydramatic with it.  My wife wants to drive the car when it's finished so I would like to utilize the auto trans.  Anyone know if it's possible to adapt the enclosed driveshaft to the hydramatic?    

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Looks like you might have to go with the entire 51 drivetrain?  Including rear end.  I've never worked on cars that old.  If your making a swap,  you might consider using an Iron Duke 4 cyl with a turbo 350 behind it.  With the correct exhaust (might be alot of trial N error)  You can make those engines putt putt putt like an old engine.  Better gas milage and easier to find parts when needed.  Justa sayin.....

• Like 2

Casper - photos would help. Can you share some photos of what the current enclosed driveshaft situation looks like please?

The '51 sounds really good BTW.

• Like 1