Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

New guy. just purchased an 05 gto

' date='Dec 27 2010, 06:53 AM' post='44761']

The LS2 loves boost, IIRC, the LS6 intake manifold bolts up, provides better airflow, and I'd port the heads, unless there's an LSx motor you can snatch parts off of for superior airflow. I'm not familiar with the LSx motors, I'm a V6 guy. :blink:

But I will say this, do NOT go catless. There is no benefit, the car will smell bad, and you'll have a pesky SES light to deal with.

if i may parry as to say, wrong and wrong lol.

LS6 mani actually comes STOCK on LS1's but does not just bolt on to an LS2. only porting or aftermarket intake mani works on an LS2. (with good results as the LS2 intake mani is restrictive.)

as for catless. people have before and after dynoed with catless mids and catted mids on aftermarket headers and there is a 5-8hp loss with cats. when i get my LT's i will NOT have cats..

As for the last post by the OP, do NOT get shorties as they make hardly any gains from stock mani's and is more of a sound/weight mod. LT's or bust because once you have shorties, you will later bitch about restrictions and change and get them anyways. ESP if you are going FI in the future, 1 7/8" long tubes are the ONLY choice for you.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

' date='Dec 27 2010, 05:14 PM' post='44785']

I told you, I'm a 60*V6 buff.

You V8 guys, pffft. :blink:

lol you were on the right track with the LS6 mani tho!! i give you props.

alright here's the plan

buying a new era custom grind from a friend in htown that had it on his g8 gt.. guy put down 413 whp tuning it himself wheras he made 330 whp stock. he had a vararam intake, the cam, pace setter lts and a borla exhaust and x pipe

i got a k&n intake this week, ill be ordering pac springs, tx speed pushrods, pace setter lt's as well, and i already have an x pipe and magnaflow exhaust. ill be getting a dynotune from my fab shop i frequent.

reason the guy is selling the cam is cuz hes going more aggressive with the cam and hes getting a heads, a new intake, and a ported tb