Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Dead end and more dead ends

1 hour ago, Frosty said:

Interesting list Justa. 

The Lapeer Plating + Plastics is about 10 miles or less from my place. Looks like they try to sell to the Big 3.

That's what I was thinkin as well.  Lapeer for the win.  Wondering what it would cost to do my grill/headlight bezels.  Those are some BIG pieces.  The inside corners are getting a lil dark.  Most people would never notice, but I see it.

Thinkin Jody should try my search only use his state instead of Mich and see what he finds.  Might be as surprized as we were.

• Like 1

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

I recieved the replacement grill parts, so, that's one huge piece of progress. But and there is always a but, the one piece that I so desperately needed had 2 broken fins. Just on one end though. I contacted the guys at Insane Paint and he says he can repair it, so relief. The second piece of progress was the parts went out yesterday to Insane Paint to be repaired and new chrome applied. When I get them back I will post pictures and an opinion on the job done.

Here are before pics

20220221_093939.jpg

20220220_122730.jpg

• Like 2

He didn't say for sure, said once he got the parts he would let me know. He is suppose to get them this coming Monday. I hope it's not too long.... kind of frothing at the bit to see what they will look like in a "new" condition 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I understand your feelings Jody completely. We've all been there at one time or another.

image.png.70db796904f3301cc08b3dc0ade27538.png

Edited by Frosty
  • Haha 2

• 2 months later...

Jody - truly gorgeous pieces dude. Please give us the finished look!

I'm sure it was stupid money, but how bad was it for six pieces? Who was your repair shop / chromer? I suspect you'll recommend them again then?

Absolutely, when I get the pieces put back in I will post a pic. To do all six pieces it was 750.00 with freight. The completed parts were worth every penny. Considering how hard these grill parts are to find. The company was The Insane Paint shop. Their number is on the buffing rags the parts are setting on. The process is called Cosmic Chrome and you can get Chrome in about any color you desire. Pretty neat process. The company has a post on YouTube. 

• Like 2

Wow! They are in Menominee Michigan, in the upper peninsula, closer to northern Wisconsin. I am going to have to remember these people. Since I live in lower Michigan, this could be a possible chromer for me too!

• Like 1