Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

'63 vent window

Does anybody know where I can get a new drivers side vent window frame? I wouldn't care about using an original as long as its in good condition. I've had one on back order from OPGI since the beginning of April. Every couple of months they send me an email with a new arrival date. This time it was oct 16th. That day comes and goes with no new part. Then the new email comes saying its still on back order with no new date and I'm back in limbo for a couple more months. I'm waiting on this one part to finish up my interior. Can't put in my door panels with a cracked leaking vent window frame. I've check with Ames and they don't show one listed. Sure would appreciate any help.

Thanks

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Hay wrongway 

have you tried crp in Santa Ana 

or maybe franks ? 

I bet they are the same as 64, I will have a look in my parts car , not sure but there could be one in there , if your after a second hand one mate 

• Like 1

I've reached out to Frank's bro. Waiting to hear back. I had not heard or CRP but I will look them up. If its in decent condition I would go 2 hand. I'll let you know what Franks and CRP say. Thanks buddy

• Like 1

Couldn't find one at CRP bro. Franks said they have one good condition with minor pitting on the outside for $95.00 plus shipping. Waiting to see if they will send pics. Their version of minor and mine may be different. But I've never had any issues with them before.

2 hours ago, Wrongway said:

Couldn't find one at CRP bro. Franks said they have one good condition with minor pitting on the outside for $95.00 plus shipping. Waiting to see if they will send pics. Their version of minor and mine may be different. But I've never had any issues with them before.

i had a look in the parts car, and no drivers side frame mate... and i went looking on the net and couldn't find any too.

let me know if the Franks one is not good enough and i will email my mate in Auckland, he stripped the parts car i have and i bet he has the frame.

if the rest of the parts car is anything to go by, it will be in good condition, and it aint going to cost much for me to ship it too you 👍

• Like 1

On 11/2/2020 at 3:37 PM, Wrongway said:

They've got one Frosty. $125 plus $45 to ship it. Thanks guys

Wrongway - when do you get your vent window?

• Like 1

Looks like its gonna be a couple weeks before i can order them bud. Got the intake resealed and found a crack in the valve cover. Think I need to replace those first. I'll let you know as soon as I get them ordered bro.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Frosty, you must be some kind off a lucky charm bud! I need to put you on my key chain lol. So as I told you, I was tired of waiting since April on OPGI to send my vent window frames. Then yall gave me a couple of other places to check. The Frosty one asked me yesterday what was going on and you seen my reply. Honest to god, no faking lol, I got an email today from OPGI. Its an invoice for 2 vent window frames! I hadn't cancelled my order yet because I found out I was going to have to replace those valve covers. But what luck Frosty. I've waited 7 months, talked to them last week. You ask about them and poof, they send an invoice the very next day! Must be the magic in the ol black hat brother lol!

• Like 2

Got a call from OPGI today. They wanted to know if I still wanted the frames since they've been on back order since April. I told them yes, please send them. They should be here in 5-7 days!

• Like 2

On 11/7/2020 at 10:29 PM, Wrongway said:

Frosty, you must be some kind off a lucky charm bud! I need to put you on my key chain lol. So as I told you, I was tired of waiting since April on OPGI to send my vent window frames. Then yall gave me a couple of other places to check. The Frosty one asked me yesterday what was going on and you seen my reply. Honest to god, no faking lol, I got an email today from OPGI. Its an invoice for 2 vent window frames! I hadn't cancelled my order yet because I found out I was going to have to replace those valve covers. But what luck Frosty. I've waited 7 months, talked to them last week. You ask about them and poof, they send an invoice the very next day! Must be the magic in the ol black hat brother lol!

Now either go to Vegas or go play the lottery. Baby needs a new pair of shoes!

I am happy for you bud!

• Haha 2