Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Hey guys just wondering if there is anothe place besides OPGI to find a circuit board..Ordered one in early July and still on back order.Had one on e-bay but won't work for my 69 Bonneville 

Thanks Terry

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

I feel your pain. I'm still waiting on a new vent window frame for my 63' GP so I can finish up the interior. I'm not sure what circuit board your looking for bro. But you can check with Ames Performance they specialize in Pontiacs. If your ok with used parts you could also give Frank Pontiac Parts a call. Their out in California. Good folks and they have a lot of old poncho stuff. Good luck bro.

Ames performance:  Amesperf.com

Franks phone number is: (760) 361- 3242

Email: [email protected]  

Edited by Wrongway

I hear a lot of good things about Franks Pontiac Parts. Just remember, it is still a used part. Still I hear they are quick.

https://www.frankspontiacparts.com/

Edited by Frosty
  • Like 1

Hey guys yea do some bussiness with Franks they are really good .Got my interior panels from him then had them painted need to get pics to show you.But would rather have new electronic stuff.I have them ordered but the back log is taking for ever not holding me from driving just the interior lights and fuel gage.Finally got a sending unit and had it rebuilt so looks like either it isn't getting power or the gage is bad..

I found one on e-bay and says standard and not for extra gages and not sure what they mean

On 7/24/2020 at 9:07 AM, TerryH said:

I found one on e-bay and says standard and not for extra gages and not sure what they mean

It may mean for a basic dash with a speedometer and fuel gage and idiot lights only with no oil pressure, ammeter, clock, or water temp gages. Does your car have those extra gages? You can ask questions of the seller.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hey frosty yes I needed the basic dash the one with gages will not fit..But here is the question now I have the dash out and new one being installed plus the insturment panel is out and replacing the circuit board .I had the fuel gage restored also but no wondering the fuel gage run off the board or does a wire go to it also.We found a brown wire hooked to it and wondering if someone tried to jump wire it .I did notice on the board there was a burn mark where it was bad and now think maybe that wire burned the boad.

Thanks Terry

• 3 weeks later...

Terry - sorry for the delay. I just say your post.

The wire from the factory temperature sender is routed through the large cluster wiring connector to the circuit board. So unless someone in the past has tampered with the gage, it should work I suspect the added wire is to replace a bad/faulty ground wire.

• Like 1

Thanks Frosty would that also go for the fuel gage? new board and rebuilt fuel gage and still not working there is a brown/tanish wire that we didn't hook up and wondering if that could be it.Pic coming looks like a new interior.Got everything else working even have the heater working now,,,,

• Like 1

It could. Pictures will help me evaluate the your situation for sure. Do you have a factory shop manul for your car? I find these invaluable - especially for the schematics.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TerryH said:

Thanks Frosty would that also go for the fuel gage? new board and rebuilt fuel gage and still not working there is a brown/tanish wire that we didn't hook up and wondering if that could be it.Pic coming looks like a new interior.Got everything else working even have the heater working now,,,,

TerryH, just make sure you have a good earth between your fuel tank sender unit and chassis too, 

if its a 1 wire fuel sender it needs to earth back to the frame to give a resistance feed to the gauge:dancingpontiac:

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Been fighting with the sending unit the garage says it is bad the guy that rebuilt tested it and was good garage says has power fuel gage works but he said when he plugs into the sending unit won't work not sure what is going om

4 hours ago, TerryH said:

Been fighting with the sending unit the garage says it is bad the guy that rebuilt tested it and was good garage says has power fuel gage works but he said when he plugs into the sending unit won't work not sure what is going om

check the wire from the tank to the dash TerryH for continuity, and that you have power to the gauge with the key turned on 

Hi they did and has power to the gage when key is on but when plug into the sending unit stays at fuel he thinks maybe the float is bad and won't move

8 hours ago, TerryH said:

Hi they did and has power to the gage when key is on but when plug into the sending unit stays at fuel he thinks maybe the float is bad and won't move

test your sender unit at the tank TerrryH, or better still 

pull it out and check its condition, they are a simple unit.

hell mate if in doubt just replace it:cheers:

you can spend sooo many hours working out these issues, but you do have to remember these  girls  are really old !!! 

you will need to replace shit :cheers: 

i have the mentality that,

when playing with old shit, expect everything to be buggered !:cheers::dancingpontiac: 

• Like 1

Do have the orginal sending unit that was rebuilt.Do have power going all the to wires at the unit but when pluged in doesn't work.Did take it back to the gage guy he benched tested and said it was working but watched and he moved it by hand thinking he he was forcing the float to go from empty to full and when inside the weight of the gas isn't letting it work right.

6 hours ago, TerryH said:

Do have the orginal sending unit that was rebuilt.Do have power going all the to wires at the unit but when pluged in doesn't work.Did take it back to the gage guy he benched tested and said it was working but watched and he moved it by hand thinking he he was forcing the float to go from empty to full and when inside the weight of the gas isn't letting it work right.

get your self a mutitester and test the sender unit, you should get a value at one end of the floats movement and it should change as you move the float to the other stop, i am not sure what the value should be for yours but it could measure something like 0 ohms to 90 ohms 👍

also check that the float is not full of gas if its a plastic one

Did all that checked the ohm's and hooked a fuel gage up it and works fine when bench testing but once he dropped it into the tank he sais no power to the unit

looking at the wire and looks like they didn't plug it in for some reason so plugged it in went from full to empty to 1/4 tank can that wire be grounded or is it a seperate wire for the ground

4 hours ago, TerryH said:

looking at the wire and looks like they didn't plug it in for some reason so plugged it in went from full to empty to 1/4 tank can that wire be grounded or is it a seperate wire for the ground

Hi Terry, for you sender unit to work properly, its housing must be grounded, then your wire from the dash to the sender unit has a path to ground through the coil in the sender unit. thats how they work.

you do need to test the wire from the dash cluster to the sender unit to ensure continuity.👍