Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

famous tiger GTO paint job

i noticed in 1 of your forums someone was looking for a 1965 GTO with a tiger paint job and tiger tail. the show pictures the car briefly but you can possibly freeze the picture to get a better look at the car. do not blink while watching the show you will miss it . heres is the show the tiger gto is on. where the car is now who knows...

"My Three Sons" From Maggie with Love (TV Episode 1966) - IMDb

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0655028/

Rating: 7/10 - ‎12 votes

Maggie Bellini, a wealthy businesswoman, promises to match the money that Bryant Park raises to ... My Three Sons (1960–1972) ... Season 6 | Episode 17.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Not sure I would refer to it as Famous, but a somewhat well known car for sure! It was thought to be some sort of Pontiac Promotional build/scheme but very little is known about it and/or it's whereabouts. Like most Pontiac "Special Build" Promotional cars it likely was returned to PMD and fell through the cracks if not stripped/scrapped and/or re-purposed.

39026096695_397ba16a30_b.jpg 

Items of note are the "Tempest" Flat hood and the Light Up eyes within the Tiger Face hood mural. Also seen in 1st images is the noted Tiger Tail.

25052976577_9bab1d9400_b.jpg   

As seen on TV, beyond that unaware of any further details.  

Cheers

can you tell me the words on the front license plate . it may be a clue as to what happened to the car.  thanks for the help with the info. on another note i have a 1973 trans am red with white interior. it came with an orange carpet option code 97f. the ta was built 4th of july week in 1973 and was delivered to constantine pontiac in ohio. the car was originally purchased / titled in august of 73 by an unknown purchaser. is there any way that anyone would know of to find the original buyer of this ta. one of the reasons i ask is because the interior was changed to a no console black carpet with white STANDARD  instead of custom seats. now my thinking on this option is it was really something else and they couldn't part with it or it was really something else it will never sell with orange carpet. naturally i assume the orange carpet matched the orange in the bird on the hood. also im considering restoring the car and im trying to figure out how close to the perlie ta white with blue carpet my car would resemble this design. google (Perlie Article - Firebird Gallery)

if it copies the PERLIE TA i think it would be 1 heck of a design... especially if it had orange piping on the white seats similair to the PERLIE white seats with blue piping. does anyone have any thoughts on this car or ideas. your help and info would be greatly appreciated. thank you for your time...

Edited by tiger gto

That was a standard issue 1965 Michigan Licence Plate. IIRC the "GM" had no tie to General Motors. 

MICH 65.jpg

• 1 year later...

my three sons tv show was a show that used pontiac autos including the tiger gto. i found this pontiac on 

My Three Sons Season 4 Episode 27: What's the Princess Really Like Online 

was this a pontiac prototype...2+2   ??????????

IMG_20200904_132657.jpg

IMG_20200904_132717.jpg

IMG_20200904_132719.jpg

• Like 1

this car was on my three sons tv show  that used pontiac autos including the tiger gto. i found this pontiac on 

My Three Sons Season 4 Episode 27: What's the Princess Really Like 

was this a pontiac prototype...2+2   ??????????

IMG_20200904_132717.jpg

IMG_20200904_132719.jpg

IMG_20200904_132657.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Frosty said:

This is the 1963 X-400 Pontiac showcar. I verified it with Don Keefe, publisher of Poncho Perfection Magaizine and author of the book "Pontiac Concept and Show Cars".

image.png.7b265c67a53e99794b7225907d8724af.png

image.thumb.png.59ec5004efe7f3c745204c74212f6721.png

https://www.conceptcarz.com/z24908/pontiac-grand-prix-x-400-concept.aspx

This photo is from Amelia Island Concurs in 2014.

Concept car is very cool, and does it have 8 lug rims on it ??

2 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

Concept car is very cool, and does it have 8 lug rims on it ??

yes they are 8 lugs. what a piece of history. to insure that car just for a short ride has to be an astronomical amount. just think a parking lot ding on this sweet ride shouldn't cost more than 50,000 dollars. its surprising this car is still around, let alone be operational. thanks for identifying this concept pontiac. and remember if you want to see pontiac film history watch the show MY THREE SONS . pontiac was there vehicle sponsor. including the TIGER GTO. where ever that car is...

• Like 2

i have another what is it. i own a 4th of july build  1973 4 speed red trans am white interior with an orange carpet option. and with the car when i got it in 1976 came a front set of floor mats. not front + rear and not front mats and also rear mats. it just says on build sheet mats - fl - frt b32. has anyone with a 73 ta seen these...again this bucaneer red 1973 trans am came with custom white interior front console 4 speed AC and orange carpet and was built on fourth of july week of 1973...orange carpet pictured with console...i have tried duplicating this orange carpet and the carpet suppliers say they cannot match it...i came across a 73 mandarin orange formula with orange carpet but his did not have the mats option...

PTDC1461.JPG

1973-trans-am-possibly-only-orange-carpet-option-97f-trans-am-in-1973-3.jpg

PTDC1464.JPG

32 minutes ago, tiger gto said:

yes they are 8 lugs. what a piece of history. to insure that car just for a short ride has to be an astronomical amount. just think a parking lot ding on this sweet ride shouldn't cost more than 50,000 dollars. its surprising this car is still around, let alone be operational. thanks for identifying this concept pontiac. and remember if you want to see pontiac film history watch the show MY THREE SONS . pontiac was there vehicle sponsor. including the TIGER GTO. where ever that car is...

thank you all for helping me identify this auto.