Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

My Sound System Build

my friend and i did this outside of my old apt with barely any of the right tools so it sucked. lol

l_1772ef82b4c844c3b603a4b7207904f6.jpg

l_0d3920c4b33548029cbe19afc9feb6b9.jpg

l_04d536f15e224a278323b583b9a9066d.jpg

l_d53e170f4ae2439f980929367111c9b4.jpg

l_bb412894e8c643539f7ad8ea3ec830db.jpg

l_ac7213b8e63f4aac99a28c9ff65b60ad.jpg

l_5e05cc73d36c4eed9d5342a4a7f66032.jpg

l_be548dc2827642adaaececefd12e79a2.jpg

l_b14ec555dcfc422db7133cd81c705fc7.jpg

l_94be232f3abc4e2ebd972e4a1122dece.jpg

l_820503cc58e344dcbfe0f3a047c05271.jpg

Still need to make the bracket for the TV but everything works now.

l_306f13fcda6d4484a6fc91ff4d969ebf.jpg

l_6738a5db95a74cb5989412f0c42c343b.jpg

l_32a26223ae8d424da9905c09685ddff6.jpg

l_4c29dca8f0594aa09db703f40c618afa.jpg

l_e0fb685246a749ecbe323c78ade76deb.jpg

l_f8eaef4e99f24d6d8258e726770fd575.jpg

i also just installed my interior under dash lighting and some LED dome lights. i didn't get any install pix since my wifey hates taking pix. lol

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So are you running the TV with the 110 V outlet?

i actually had to purchase a 400watt inverter. the 110v outlet couldn't run the TV but could run the Playstation. ill post pix up tomorrow of the inverter. im trying to find a nice way to hide it other than under the extra trunk compartment behind the seats.

as for the alarm, i actually do not have one. i would think its very hard to steal the stuff since its all mounted and people want PS3's now a days and dont want PS2's. lol. well.. the area that i live in isn't bad. more old people around and all the crazy stealing is on the west side of phoenix. i will be installing one as soon as tax return comes in. just dont want a cheap one that goes off from the sound of a fart can.

i dont care where you live. you are just asking for someone to break in and steal your sh!t. its just a matter of time

Putting it a little frank, but i have to agree. You ever seen "it takes a thief"? They always look for unsuspecting people/places. You should at least tint the back window's, maybe a cover that goes between the top of the back seats and the hatch? Its an awesome set up, i'd hate to see somethin happen to it.

Putting it a little frank, but i have to agree. You ever seen "it takes a thief"? They always look for unsuspecting people/places. You should at least tint the back window's, maybe a cover that goes between the top of the back seats and the hatch? Its an awesome set up, i'd hate to see somethin happen to it.

oh no... i agree with you. i do have the stock cover matt that comes with the car over it at all times and i rarely ever hit the system bcuz i always have my kids with me so its always low. but ryan didn't have to be a complete dick about it.. its not his car and he doesn't even know how much i spent on it. i only spent a lil over $300 and if someone steals the subs, which is the easiest, i can still get those for $20 a piece. and the ps2, just temporary. i dont even play it. ill be replacing it with a wii for car shows. :) that is one of the main reasons i flushed it in so that i can still put the Pontiac cover matt over it and you can't even tell their is anything in there unless i show you. :)

that turned out very clean. i'll be posting pics in a few months when my fiberglass setup is done as well.

thnx man! still a lot more to come.

alarm will also be coming in next month. B)

i'm in the process lol.. i have like the bottom base and sides down for the perfect fit and shape, but i kinda have to wait as my car sits in a freezing 30 degree garage can't relly fiberglass till it gets warmer.. but i have the sub cut outs and the amp cutout done and ready, just gotta get some dowel rods and mount it all. once all that is ready i can fiberglass it get it goin. and i also have to figure out where to ground my amp since it's only supposed to be 3 feet away... lol that's gonna be tough.

i'm in the process lol.. i have like the bottom base and sides down for the perfect fit and shape, but i kinda have to wait as my car sits in a freezing 30 degree garage can't relly fiberglass till it gets warmer.. but i have the sub cut outs and the amp cutout done and ready, just gotta get some dowel rods and mount it all. once all that is ready i can fiberglass it get it goin. and i also have to figure out where to ground my amp since it's only supposed to be 3 feet away... lol that's gonna be tough.

damn! looks like you got some work cut out for you. as for the ground, i kind of had that problem with mine but ended up figuring out a spot to use that was only 1.5 feet away from the amp. that box was a pain to make but did work out at the end cuz i literally only spent about $340 for the whole system and material. B) (not including price for the tv which was $1200 after warranty) lol. my TV does NOT EVER stay inside my car. always will come out and even when i get the bracket done, it will be made to come out.

haha good i wouldn't keep the tv in there. if anything, i'd get a small tv to that you can fiberglass into there that would never be removable or able to take out. but haha my 2 subs and amp were 800 and i've bought wood and all the fiberglass materials haha

im in phoenix az so about maybe 1hr to 1.5hrs south.

BOOO... I have to drive like 4.5 hrs to get to TJ... but yeah you're right EVERYTHING is cheaper down there!!! :(:lol2: