Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

1987 Pontiac Fiero Race Car Progression

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what do you mean adhesive? :(

I have a feeling he means anti-seize for the threads of the plugs.

And no joke, you're having the same exact issues my buddy has with his 85 Iron Duke Fiero. :rofl: broken plug and all.

But it's not too hard of a fix. Could be an excuse for a ported head, maybe?

• 1 month later...

I'd look into just getting all the injectors replaced. Or at least sending them out to someplace like RC engineering where they can clean them in a sonic bath and check the flow rate and balance.

If you had one injector stuck, chances are it still isn't spraying that well and you probably have others that aren't great either. Using dirty/failing injectors is just asking for detonation problems and possible engine failure later down the road. ;)

well, its been a while and a lot has changed....

the 87 SE 4-cylinder has been sold. fortunately, less than a week later, i bought an 88 GT 5 Speed for the exact amount that i sold the 4 banger! its in decent shape, but needs a few things before i get it on the road. i'm putting new head gaskets (and various other gaskets) on monday, and then ordering new pads and rotors all around, then looking for a stock set of wheels with decent tires. it has 17" American Racing wheels on it right now, but theyre FWD offset so they stick out like 2 inches in the front. pics of the 88 GT up soon!