Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Hello

Hello everyone, I am a life long Pontiac fanatic.  I just sold my 71 HO Formula to my cousin, and my next car is going to be a Ventura 2.  I've been trying to find a 72 equiped with the Pontiac V8.  Not having much luck.  There is a 72 with the chevy V8 for sale in my area.  Does anyone know if I can buy the correct motor mount brackets to place a Pontiac V8 in the factory correct location?  I have a complete 74 GTO shaker hood setup, and need the engine to be in the exact location as a factory installed unit to make everything fit correctly.  I dont care for the 73-74 cars as much as the first two years, and finding a 72 equiped with the Pontiac V8 is difficult.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Welcome to FP.   Generally the Chev sits in the same spot, but usually sits higher in the engine bay. At least that's what I found with restoring my 66 back to Pontiac power.

The 67-69 Firebirds share a bunch chassis parts with the X body cars.  Anyone now if the frame rail brackets are the same?  

• 5 years later...

Well, I ended up with a 73 Hatchback.  It's not what I was looking for, but it has really grown on me.  I am really looking forward to building it.

• Like 2

On 2/11/2017 at 7:49 PM, Shaker1 said:

The 67-69 Firebirds share a bunch chassis parts with the X body cars.  Anyone now if the frame rail brackets are the same?  

All of  the GM line from “67” through the end of the Nova, Ventura & Omega (“78”) had the same subframe. I.E. “67-69” Camaro/Firebird, “67-78” Nova, Ventura & Omega plus the Buick Apollo, which ended in “75”! The other good thing is most of the suspension was interchangeable! Up to and including for example; front spindles could be use for both drum or disc brakes. You just needed the caliper bracket that took the place of the drum brake backing plate.

• Like 2

That is so true.  The other thing that's cool about these cars is that because the Nova was so popular especially as a Resto-Mod there are endless amounts of really cool chassis parts available.

• Like 1