Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

J J Web's 1967 Lemans

2024 May
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

*** Official Bodybuilding Thread ***

Crimson

We have one of these on G6P so i figured I'd throw one up here as I frequent the one on G6P.

Ill start it out.

Started may of 2009 with these stats

Height-6'2

Weight-163

Bench-180ish

Squat-180ish

Dead Lift-315(in my prime one rep)

And now to current day

Height-6'2

Weight-202

Bench-325

Squat-385

Dead Lift- 435

I know a good bit about supplements and lifting so if you have any questions feel free to ask me

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Nice numbers Crimson.

I've been lifting for a while, but just became hardcore about it roughly 7-8 months ago.

Current:

Height: 6'1"

Weight: 186

Bench: 265

Squat: 305

Deadlift: 325

Current goal is to reach 200lbs..which Crimson you must have recently done, congrats man.

Nice numbers Crimson.

I've been lifting for a while, but just became hardcore about it roughly 7-8 months ago.

Current:

Height: 6'1"

Weight: 186

Bench: 265

Squat: 305

Deadlift: 325

Current goal is to reach 200lbs..which Crimson you must have recently done, congrats man.

thanks dude. i was mass gaining for a while and peaked at about 209 but decided to lean out for the summer and chill around 200-205

Started Jan of 2010 with these stats

Height-5'9

Weight-286

Bench-250?

Squat-dont do those

Dead Lift-dont do those

And now to current day

Height-i didnt grow....

Weight-250

Bench-310...prob more now

Squat-still dont

Dead Lift- dont

Did do a 30mile bike ride and I can run .6 miles havent done those in a few weeks trying to drop more off

Started Jan of 2010 with these stats

Height-5'9

Weight-286

Bench-250?

Squat-dont do those

Dead Lift-dont do those

And now to current day

Height-i didnt grow....

Weight-250

Bench-310...prob more now

Squat-still dont

Dead Lift- dont

Did do a 30mile bike ride and I can run .6 miles havent done those in a few weeks trying to drop more off

dude.

im not gunna coach you but if you want to grow you HAVE to work your legs too. I used to hate doing legs but that first time you pick up 350 on your shoulders and the bar bends over your back...you know its been worth it.

6'

220 lbs

4.9% bodyfat

PT Monday through Friday at 6 am: mile warm-up then plyometrics/agility and sprinting excercises; lift in the afternoon after work for 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Mon->chest and squats, Tuesday->back and calves, Wednesday->shoulders amd traps, Thursday->biceps, front squats and lower back(good mornings/hyperextensions/deadlifts), Friday->triceps, traps and rotator cuff excercises. I don't max out very often, more cosmetic lifting than anything else. When you're walking down the beach girls don't care how much you can bench, they're more concerned with how pretty you are because everythings more fun when you're pretty. Currently repping 335 on bench, 4 x 6, max in college when I played football was close to 400. The key is to do the excercises correctly with the proper form, technique amd speed of the range of motion. Slow on the megative phase and quick/explosive on the positive phase. The whole idea is to control the weight. Some douche who comes in and bounces 500 lbs of his chest isn't going to be half as strong as someone who lowers down 300 lbs 3-5 seconds then explodes up during the positive phase. Lifting is a drug, uku and only you are in control of your level of fitness. Pain is weakness leaving the body.

6'

220 lbs

4.9% bodyfat

PT Monday through Friday at 6 am: mile warm-up then plyometrics/agility and sprinting excercises; lift in the afternoon after work for 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Mon->chest and squats, Tuesday->back and calves, Wednesday->shoulders amd traps, Thursday->biceps, front squats and lower back(good mornings/hyperextensions/deadlifts), Friday->triceps, traps and rotator cuff excercises. I don't max out very often, more cosmetic lifting than anything else. When you're walking down the beach girls don't care how much you can bench, they're more concerned with how pretty you are because everythings more fun when you're pretty. Currently repping 335 on bench, 4 x 6, max in college when I played football was close to 400. The key is to do the excercises correctly with the proper form, technique amd speed of the range of motion. Slow on the megative phase and quick/explosive on the positive phase. The whole idea is to control the weight. Some douche who comes in and bounces 500 lbs of his chest isn't going to be half as strong as someone who lowers down 300 lbs 3-5 seconds then explodes up during the positive phase. Lifting is a drug, uku and only you are in control of your level of fitness. Pain is weakness leaving the body.

Word. but you do traps too much for me lol. i love doing them but im a muscle group one time a week kinda guy. Agreed on the size over amount to lift statement. guys walk in and bounce bench a shit ton of weight or try to toss huge dumbells around but their arms are 14" around. id rather max bench my 325 correctly and have a massive chest than bench 400 and look average.

this is the mentality of a bodybuilder.

moonpie you doing any shows? im doing my first one in october

Female

Height: 5'1"

Weight: 150

Bench: 130

This was back in '06, I no longer lift weights due to weak wrists and wrist surgery.

Word. but you do traps too much for me lol. i love doing them but im a muscle group one time a week kinda guy. Agreed on the size over amount to lift statement. guys walk in and bounce bench a shit ton of weight or try to toss huge dumbells around but their arms are 14" around. id rather max bench my 325 correctly and have a massive chest than bench 400 and look average.

this is the mentality of a bodybuilder.

moonpie you doing any shows? im doing my first one in october

boss won't allow that, hell when I was at VMI the girls wanted me to do a calendar to sell at the local colleges, we had just started dating at the time and she was not having any of that. But, I lift for me, it's my hobby. Some people fish, some hunt, so play softball, some go to happy hour, I just get pretty!

Damn.

Well considering my size i suppose i do good.

5'5"

120lbs

Bench 110

Curl (triceps and biceps) 90lbs or 35/35 Individually.

Leg press 60lbs

That's all twenty reps each. I don't go for max lift.

I often ride my bike for about 5 miles at least 3 times a week. I also wakeboard, ski, play hockey. You wont find an ounce of body fat on me.

I've tried some supplements in the past but nothing works as good as a healthy meal IMO. As well as drinking a nice fat chocolate milk shake every once in a while.

Female

Height: 5'1"

Weight: 150

Bench: 130

This was back in '06, I no longer lift weights due to weak wrists and wrist surgery.

Weak wrists? I had a bone replacement in my left wrist from a cadaver. Still hurts like hell but nothing hurts as much as looking good feels.

boss won't allow that, hell when I was at VMI the girls wanted me to do a calendar to sell at the local colleges, we had just started dating at the time and she was not having any of that. But, I lift for me, it's my hobby. Some people fish, some hunt, so play softball, some go to happy hour, I just get pretty!

thats bullshit. period. If you want to do a show, then do it. its not like girls rub you down with cocoa butter and rape you behind the curtain. tell her to trust you.

I do legs, i ride bike, walk, run, eliptical, and a bunch of the machines

that is cardio. thats not legs. Leg press, squat, lunges (with weights) these are leg exercises.

Weak wrists? I had a bone replacement in my left wrist from a cadaver. Still hurts like hell but nothing hurts as much as looking good feels.

You are stronger then I sir, I have cyst in now just my right wrist, use to have one in each (surgery removed one back in October), some days I couldn't bend my wrists, most other days I didn't have full range of motion, I can't do push ups, or push with my palms... as a cake decorator I need to be able to move my wrists, so as much as I enjoy weightlifting, I stay away.

'86_TransAM - i had no idea you were a chick lol

I'm just full of surprises. ;)

well you have good taste in Pontiacs :P

Well, I grew up with them, we've had a Pontiac or two in the garage longer then I've been alive (23 years this October)... sadly, I now have the only Pontiac in the Family, everyone has moved on to Chevy.