Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Barrett-Jackson, Not Pontiac

stratman

Here are some non-Pontiacs from Barrett-Jackson. This is a tiny fraction of the cars that were there because first my camera went wonky and then my iPhone ran out of power... very frustrating! I did get most of the "star" cars, however. If you see differences in the pictures, it's because this is a mixture of digital camera and iPhone. I have edited all the photos in Adobe Lightroom to minimize the differences.

That being said... I had a blast! Also, if I'm able to go again, I will go two days and be more camera ready. 

http://s931.photobucket.com/user/us_strat/slideshow/B-J Not Pontiac

• Like 1

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Ok - one of these cars I recognize. Photo # 54. 

It is the 1960 Chevrolet Engineering Research Vehicle (CERV) I concept vehicle. It sold for $1,320,00.00.

The B-J write-up states "Lot #1390 - One of the most important pieces of American automotive history, the Chevrolet Engineering Research Vehicle (CERV) 1 was developed between 1959 and 1960 by Zora Arkus-Duntov as a functional mid-engine, open-wheel, single-seat prototype racing car. It served as Duntov's personal Corvette engineering test bed; a platform for engineers to develop and refine the Chevrolet body, chassis and suspension systems. Duntov drove the CERV 1 in demo laps at the U.S. Grand Prix in 1960, but that is as far as its racing aspirations went, due to the ban on manufacturer-sponsored racing at the time. The car was designed by Larry Shinoda and Tony Lapine, and was originally equipped with a 283ci/350hp small-block V8 weighing only 350 lbs because of the use of aluminum and magnesium engine components. The CERV 1 features a four-wheel independent suspension, 4-speed manual transmission, and front disc and rear drum brakes. The steering system features a high-efficiency recirculating-ball-type steering gear of 12:1 ratio; overall steering ratio is a very fast 13.5:1. Fuel is delivered via two rubber bladder fuel cells with a total capacity of 20 gallons. Fuel-injected small-block technology was developed using this incredible car. Later, for even greater performance, Duntov refitted the CERV 1 with a 377ci aluminum small block, an advanced Rochester fuel-injection system, and Indy-style tires and wheels. Shinoda also redesigned the body structure for greater aerodynamics, and the car recorded a top speed of 206 mph. Includes loads of paperwork and history on the car, which stands as one of the experimental landmarks of GM history.".

This car also made the local TV news here in Michigan as GM was the one who purchased this car so it can go back for the GM Heritage Collection!

2 hours ago, Frosty said:

Ok - one of these cars I recognize. Photo # 54. 

It is the 1960 Chevrolet Engineering Research Vehicle (CERV) I concept vehicle. It sold for $1,320,00.00.

The B-J write-up states "Lot #1390 - One of the most important pieces of American automotive history, the Chevrolet Engineering Research Vehicle (CERV) 1 was developed between 1959 and 1960 by Zora Arkus-Duntov as a functional mid-engine, open-wheel, single-seat prototype racing car. It served as Duntov's personal Corvette engineering test bed; a platform for engineers to develop and refine the Chevrolet body, chassis and suspension systems. Duntov drove the CERV 1 in demo laps at the U.S. Grand Prix in 1960, but that is as far as its racing aspirations went, due to the ban on manufacturer-sponsored racing at the time. The car was designed by Larry Shinoda and Tony Lapine, and was originally equipped with a 283ci/350hp small-block V8 weighing only 350 lbs because of the use of aluminum and magnesium engine components. The CERV 1 features a four-wheel independent suspension, 4-speed manual transmission, and front disc and rear drum brakes. The steering system features a high-efficiency recirculating-ball-type steering gear of 12:1 ratio; overall steering ratio is a very fast 13.5:1. Fuel is delivered via two rubber bladder fuel cells with a total capacity of 20 gallons. Fuel-injected small-block technology was developed using this incredible car. Later, for even greater performance, Duntov refitted the CERV 1 with a 377ci aluminum small block, an advanced Rochester fuel-injection system, and Indy-style tires and wheels. Shinoda also redesigned the body structure for greater aerodynamics, and the car recorded a top speed of 206 mph. Includes loads of paperwork and history on the car, which stands as one of the experimental landmarks of GM history.".

This car also made the local TV news here in Michigan as GM was the one who purchased this car so it can go back for the GM Heritage Collection!

Great story, Frosty. I think it's cool that the car has gone full circle and is back at GM. Do you know what the Cheetah went for?

15 hours ago, Frosty said:

The Cheetah was a no sale. It is one of the few cars at B-J that has a reserve and the reserve apparently was not met.

Being rarer than a Cobra, I'm sure the reserve would be the same as if it were a Cobra.

I understand the Aston Martin DB5 went for $1M+.

2 hours ago, stratman said:

Being rarer than a Cobra, I'm sure the reserve would be the same as if it were a Cobra.

I agree since there were only 19 original Cheetahs.

I consider this a non-Pontiac wanna be....

Lot 970 - 2010 Banshee TA (a Camaro SS by any other name) sold for $55,000. Photos from B-J's website.

202042_Front_3-4_Web.jpg

202042_Rear_3-4_Web.jpg

202042_Engine_Web.jpg

202042_Interior_Web.jpg

Lot #970 - This Banshee TA is a collaboration of Hermance Design and Restore a Muscle Car. Based on the new Camaro, this Firebird conversion package is intended to fill the void left by the demise of Pontiac. This fresh design is the embodiment of what could have been. It features boldly modern styling carefully blended with a legendary heritage and a list of performance and comfort options. With 8,500 actual miles, it's been driven on two Bandit Runs, features in multiple magazines, SEMA, websites and car shows. The Banshee will be the feature article in an upcoming edition of High Performance Pontiac. The Banshee wails again, it was Car Crazy Booth at SEMA. Options Include: In-dash NAV screen, Kenwood/Kicker sound system, supercharger kits, Pedders super car suspension kit, Baer Extreme+ Kit with 6-piston calipers, year-one custom 22" snowflake wheels, Nitto Invo tires, Kook 1-7/8" headers, MagnaFlow 3" exhaust, custom paint colors and graphics as well as custom interior colors.