Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Racecars from work: the GTO World Challenge GT cars

Time to liven up this forum...

Back in 2006-2008, my Employers, the Scarallo family, raced in the SCCA Speed World Challenge GT series as a privateer team. Joey Scarallo Jr drove the GTO, and hung with the best in the series, and even beat them. But SCCA kept adding weight to their GTO, and little by little, he wasn't competitive anymore. Factory teams don't keep silent about a privately funded small race team spanking their unlimited budget GT cars. By 2008 he wasn't even a top five car anymore, and they were losing money, so they pulled out of the series. They had two GTOs, one left alone (retired) and one modified for an unlimited GT class after getting out of the WCGT series (Circuit Battles)

The retired GTO.

img1338667405732.jpg

86f5f7aa.jpg

d0cab251.jpg

a58ac8c1.jpg

899a373c.jpg

It's three piece Fiske wheels, six pot Alcon TA6 calipers out front, MB4 Alcon four pots out back.

3d98db1b.jpg

f3f3046c.jpg

e7629dee.jpg

The sister unlimited car, currently getting work. New steering rack, new LSx race motor rated at 780HP according to the engine shop, new front splitter, and new sets of Hooser slicks for the red/black Fiske three piece wheels (MASSIVE width)

e542cb18.jpg

770d7907.jpg

df51ce4e.jpg

b449975b.jpg

Got heat extractors?

f715a4cb.jpg

One of the sets of wheels. Huge bastards.

2f5f9131.jpg

Just to give an idea, my hand to show the width of the rear Hoosiers.

fdb76255.jpg

Just to give you an idea just how dominant the black GTO is...check this out.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

I can't embed more than two videos per post? Gay.

Little update on the black GTO:

The new LSx motor is in, and the splitter is just about done. The new rack is in as well.

bfd225d2.jpg

5ac15801.jpg

Better look at the Alcon TA6 six pot brakes and two piece rotors. 13" rotors IIRC. Big bastards.

d6800152.jpg

Not much to scrounge, Mark. :lol: these tube frame GTOs only look like the road cars. Maybe engine parts, because I know those race heads do work with an LS2 with supporting mods (cam, headers, tune, etc) but you're talking $2K for a set. :lol:

I have the LS1, but if you guys get any 243 heads (stock on the LS2) sitting around that you'll end up getting rid of, let me know, they work great on the LS1. :D

I have the LS1, but if you guys get any 243 heads (stock on the LS2) sitting around that you'll end up getting rid of, let me know, they work great on the LS1. :D

They do sell off parts they don't need on eBay all the time. They also have a bunch of OEM wheels lying around from cars they flipped from auctions. There's a set of 17" OEM GTO wheels in black in the shop from that silver GTO.

Also, car pr0n tiem:

5752ad37.jpg

939a038e.jpg

4cac7acf.jpg

Also, I found out today this GTO was worth $250,000 new. O.O

The GTO's engine is all hooked up, and 90% of the fluids are in.

6d66d81b.jpg

Today, just minor things. I'm actually busy making it pretty again (I'm on lunch now :lol:)

The other car they're bringing, their C6 WCGT car, not making as much power as the GTO, but still a quick GT car.

26036004.jpg

ab6bd0e9.jpg

047f3f1e.jpg

Like the GTO, its body is all 100% carbon fiber. Every panel is paper light.

7ddcdf5a.jpg

0a0b06a2.jpg