Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Another Newbie to the site! From St. Louis!

Hey everyone! Yes yes - I know I'm late to finding the site ( begin bashing now! )

I have a 2009 G6 GT and just crested 71,000 miles ( I drive about 120 miles round trip to work and back ) and have to say, I love this vehicle! knock on wood no serious issues ( rear passenger door lock is 'sticky' and oil drain plug head is stripped - minor minor on both ).

I have done a few small things, mostly cosmetic. Painted calipers, headlight eyelids, window tint, flyeyes tint on taillights, CRABS intake, resonator delete, racing line strut tower bar, painted engine plastic, door sill and emblem overlays. I have put my order in for the GT-R exhaust and once that comes in I want to get the WAMS tune - but - this is my daily driver and i'm still debating how much aftermarket stuff I want to do.

Without further delay - pictures!

Please let me know what you think and any suggestions for future mods!

Thank you!

David

5439543492_02aca03087.jpg

5673493137_2244113e39.jpg

5674055798_ae3d781bf6.jpg

5673492181_1d563019cd.jpg

5694493447_3dc2ac528d.jpg

5673491293_67c234a4bb.jpg

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Sup n00b, welcome to FP.

GT-R exhaust? Save your pennies from that overpriced, rebadged Magnaflow muffler. Your best bet:

-Keep the 2.25" pipping

-Use a high flow resonator or glasspack

-Flowmaster 80 series muffler

It'll sounmd crisp, throaty, and ZERO raspiness. Also, it IS a proven 6-8HP gain without a tune.

Welcome! Car looks familiar.

I'm betting you got the flyeyes tint from my suggestion WAY back when I introduced it to G6P and G6OC.

Good to have you here and it looks like you rack up miles on cars like I do lol

Chaos - please tell me more! I put in the 25 dollar deposit so if I have to eat that so be it. With what you described - roughly how much might it cost? I have the dual exhaust valance already at the house so I'd 'like' to stick with that - but - if there are better options please let me know. I'm not too worried about performance gains - sure it would be nice but as I said, this is my car from suburbia to the 'hood' so its all image haha!

Markpeter - I do believe I was one of the only people who actually took the bait and got the fly eyes when you talked about them. I've been pulled over twice for 'tinted tail lights' but one let me go when I explained them and the second pulled out the light meter and said 'Holy Sh!t, you right. Where did you get these?' Very cool haha!

5438942045_9555b0a4e4.jpg

I know the guy who sells them through G6P, charges roughly $500-$600 for the system, when you can use the setup I recommended, and pay HALF that, for the same gain, and better exhaust note. To boot, the guy doesn't even have a damn dyno chart showing results, I do. Yes...I have a Grand Am, this is a G6, BUT...a 60*V6 is a 60*V6, doesn't matter what chassis they're in, they sound the same. Ask Mark, he went with my exhaust setup, and LOVED it, and then gave the setup to Pete (1badg6gt) and he loved it. However (Mark can vouch for me on this) I've even gotten silenced on G6P for recommending my setup over the GT-R system, mainly because the guy is a site vendor. A lousy reason to abuse mod powers for his own business gain, not my problem I recommended an exhaust system that sounds better, costs half his price, AND I show dyno gains.

All in all, I spent $375 on my setup, parts and labor. And that's excluding my Magnaflow high flow cat.

Dang - the current price on G6P is 675 plus shipping ( give or take 100 ) then instal ( I have a buddy who is going to put it on for me for a case of beer ) but 375 sounds much much better! I guess my whole thing is I want it to sound better - its never going to be a v8 but I don't want rice/rasp. You've helped more than i can say! thank you

I would go with Chaos' set up instead of the GTR scam... (Letting it go)

I loved it, it sounds great and I would recommend this to anyone with a G6. I only spent $350-ish on the whole set up. That's including the custom piping and install done by an exhaust shop.

Here's a vid from when I had it on:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayHLjlWb0BA&

Yeah, Mark and myself were involved with a fiasco that went down on G6P. The guy who makes them, really made a mountain out of a mole hill, and was smug as hell about his claims, and says, "Dyno results aren't reliable,"

Yeah, my ass.

But anyway, the pieces are easy to get a hold of, I just don't have the part #s on me at the moment. But you can even get the glasspack and Flowmaster 80 series muffler from Advanced or AutoZone. When looking for the Flowmaster, look up custom mufflers for a 98-02 LS1 powered Camaro/Firebird.

I had no idea these options existed. the two G6 sites pretty much swear up and down for the intake, exhaust and tune guys - didn't even think of doing it different.

Now that it appears i will have more money to do other things ( thank you chaos! ) aside from the exhaust, what would you all recommend I do? I'm thinking of lowering it, keeping the same rims but reducing some of that wheel gap.

Thank you again everyone

• Founders

Well I don't blame them, they're pushing their products. Just forums are about discussion and letting people know what else is out there...

Anywho, pretty much the main "performance" mods for a G6 are intake, exhaust and tune.

For lowering you got coilovers and then springs (Eibach or if you wanna go really low CM). Depending on your driving each have their own advantage.

There's not a lot to do with the 6 but there's enough to keep you busy lol.

Coilovers are a great option because of their adjustable nature. Some allow for camber and toe are usual features on kits I've seen.

Having a car with ZERO coilover options, I'd suggest them, simply because of their adjustability.

' date='May 18 2011, 04:51 PM' post='54222']

Coilovers are a great option because of their adjustable nature. Some allow for camber and toe are usual features on kits I've seen.

Having a car with ZERO coilover options, I'd suggest them, simply because of their adjustability.

I think the only ones that "fit" are the ones from a Saab 9-3? I can't remember... Someone did it though.

• Founders

I think the only ones that "fit" are the ones from a Saab 9-3? I can't remember... Someone did it though.

Yup, those are the ones.

from what I have been reading, it has been recommended to change out the struts at 60k ( i'm currently a little over 10k over that ) and although I'm not noticing any issues ( no oil leak or absorption issue ) I figure if I'm already there - why not. I've seen the eibach pro kit for 300 ish and the coilovers for about 900 - might have to save up and just do it right the first time : )

do it! dont forget window tint, looks good on the car. maybe paint the rims if youre keeping them. also, Mark, what tips were those that you had?

do it! dont forget window tint, looks good on the car. maybe paint the rims if youre keeping them. also, Mark, what tips were those that you had?

I got them down here at the exhaust shop that installed the set up. I can get them for you if you want? They make them at the shop.