Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Restoration Project

So...

i have a 1977 Twin Sport Cimatti/Minnereli Moped. i purchased it in 1997 with a clean and clear illinois title. i got it because i was tired of riding my bicycle i used it. i got caught by the cops about 10 times before my parrents made me put it in the barn "till i was 16" and there it sat. i have never titled it. when i was 16 i started it up one day rode it over to a friends house and then hung out... went to leave and i tried to start it and NOTHING... never fired up again. it just rot.... so i have the itch to get it RESTORED!!!!

now the damn thing is italian and they are few and far between. so parts are super hard to come by and the/a service manual is IMPOSSIBLE!!! but i found this....

Parts Bike

we have been bardering back and forth. i dont want to pay more than 150 for something i am just goign to tear apart and not even use half of.... "HIS Bottom dollar is 200" the original price on the bike (relisted a few times) was 350

What should i do?

PS.... this is what mine looks like but it is red

1978_Twin_Sport.jpg

Just for reference of the coolness factor

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

IT RUNS!!!!

i dont know what i did... Well i do. i cleaned the points. i pulled the fly wheel off and cleaned the points. jimmyed up the electrics and BOOM!!!

THERE WAS LIFE!!!

Here is a shot of it when we pulled it out of the workshop

Image11062010125045.jpg

Image11062010125033.jpg

Now i have torn it down to pieces so i can strip them and restore it. it was originally white (before i got it.) and there is LOTS of surface rust from being in a barn for for years.

Well piece by piece it will restored and put back on the road. i will post pictures as i go.

thanks kinda cool but you know what they say about motor scooters....!...?...!....?........

there alot of fun, like having sex with a fat chick........

there only fun till your friend catch you on one. ;)

J/K

This thing is VINTAGE!!!

Italian and IMPORTED!!! with a clean title.

and it is not a scooter. ITS A MOPED. way different.

it is like.... well it is like a scooter but it has pedals... so it is differnent!

i dont care it has sentimental value to me. i will never sell it. it got me laid when i was young...

far from it...

well not then... who knows she may be now... hell she might show up on Intervention, hoarders, cheaters or Maury Povich...

lol just making jokes. have not seen that girl in years...

• 2 weeks later...