Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Factory A/C

Go to solution Solved by TWO LANE BLACK TOP,

Does anybody have any info on the factory 1963 Pontiac Grand Prix A/C system? Specifically the wiring diagram and vacuum lines diagram? I bought a 1963 Pontiac chassis shop manual (just like yours Two Lane Black Top 😀) and its been a great help on a lot of things. But I cant find anything to do with the A/C system, only heat. I'm guessing that not a lot of 63s had air could be why.

Thanks

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

There should be a dedicated chapter in the manual just for air conditioning. AC was a huge option back in the day and it was not standard on all cars, even the larger luxury models. Usually AC was one of the very first chapters.

Some times there were two manuals for a given model year, a chassis manual and a body manual. The body manual was usually written by Fisher Body Division, as they typically assembly the body shells. So the body manual may contain the dash / in-car wiring and vacuum lines. The chassis manual should have everything in the engine compartment.

If there is no separate section on AC in your manual, check the engine section. There maybe something special about the compressor and such.

Hey bro, that's what I thought to. It's got a spot that covers heating and heater controls but nothing that I've found yet on the A/C controls or system. I'm still digging around and going page by page at this point. Here's the books I've got right now lol.

PS1.jpg

PS2.jpg

PS3.jpg

PS4.jpg

PS5.jpg

Spoke to a family member of mine a little while ago...Who has the actual (not a reprint) GM 1963 pontiac Air Conditioning manual...Covers all the Pontiac models for that specific year..and is very detailed...

Lives in Seattle and is going to ship it to me ASAP...I should have it here in a couple days....

Edited by TWO LANE BLACK TOP

Wow, ok bro thanks. So there's actually a separate A/C manual huh? 

I can shoot you my email if that's easier then loading the info on here bro, your call just let me know what's easiest for you.

• Founders

@TWO LANE BLACK TOP, please let me know if I can be of assistance uploading any pictures or anything here. Think it may be helpful to others in the future to have here as well.

Can even zip up the photos and we can place it for download in our document repository if that makes life easier: https://foreverpontiac.com/files/

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Wrongway said:

Hey bro, that's what I thought to. It's got a spot that covers heating and heater controls but nothing that I've found yet on the A/C controls or system. I'm still digging around and going page by page at this point. Here's the books I've got right now lol.

PS1.jpg

PS2.jpg

PS3.jpg

PS4.jpg

PS5.jpg

13 hours ago, TWO LANE BLACK TOP said:

Spoke to a family member of mine a little while ago...Who has the actual (not a reprint) GM 1963 pontiac Air Conditioning manual...Covers all the Pontiac models for that specific year..and is very detailed...

Lives in Seattle and is going to ship it to me ASAP...I should have it here in a couple days....

Okay - this is a new one on me. In my '72 manuals, the A/C is included in both the chassis and body manuals. What a difference a decade makes, huh?

Edited by Frosty

On 2/20/2019 at 10:13 AM, Wrongway said:

Yeah man. I figured when I bought both of these books I was good. Who knew there was a 3rd book just for A/C. smh lol

Haven't forgotten  Ya'll  expecting my AC manual today.....

• Like 1

Wow! Black top, thanks bro. It's a huge help. Only thing better would be kicking back relaxing while I watched you rebuild my A/C lol. Seriously man, your awesome thanks bro.