Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Shakercars's 1972 Trans Am

2019 August
of the Month

• Welcome!

Welcome to Forever Pontiac, full of great ideas for Pontiac performance, maintenance, or for peer-to-peer assistance from Professional and DIY mechanics. Also, compete in our Pontiac monthly competitions. Please register if you'd like to take part.

Question

I have a 64 Pontiac Bonneville with auto xmission and am wondering if i can tow this car on a 2 wheel dolly approx 600 miles to its new home.  Thanks in advance

6 answers to this question

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

IMHO You would be far better off with a Trailer over a Dolly for such a size car.

I think the '64 is at the MAX if not over the limits. so you may want to look into this further with the Dolly source.

Last time I used a Dolly it was for a '67 A-Body parts car and it was just a bit to wide and on wide turns rubbed the fenders.

If a trailer in not an option you may even be better off with bumper to bumper flat towing, but check state guidelines on this as well as Dolly use.

Cheers.

• Like 1

Sprnt 6 / Two-Lane - Excellent recommendations.

Any suggestions where he can get a tranny plug on the cheap?

I always just use an old yoke..Am pretty sure could get a plug thru any auto parts supply house.....or maybe use an old plastic cup over the tail shaft with a hose clamp on it.....or something along those lines....   

• Like 1

Thanks - I felt that was the next obvious question.

Am a newbie to this site and i just want to thank all those who responded