Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Watch Your Pictures!!!

I just wanted to put a little reminder out there for everyone as I have seen many stolen pictures used for advertising purposes. On GenVibe we've found a company called BlingLights who has stolen many pictures from members and claimed them as their own. There has also been images of aftermarket hoods stolen as well as someone trying to 'sell' one of the member's rides. Every once and a while I try to surf the net looking for these stolen pictures (ie.... Googling "Blinglights Vibe") I think it would be a good idea to watermark pictures that feature things like, lights, hoods, body kits, rims, etc.

:willy_nilly:

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Really? Well, that's happened to me too.

Happened a year ago, back when I was still apart of GAOC. A member PM'd me, with a link to the eBay ad. Guy used a pic of my GA to advertise projector halo fogs, a part I don't even have. :willy_nilly:

I thought that was grimsgt?

Eh either way ur cars look exactly alike...

I don't see the harm in someone using ur picture. Its not like they are trying to sell your car. Even if they were, they couldn't? right...

• Founders

This is one of the main reasons why we have the rule that you have to have your user name, date and FP on a piece of paper because it prevents this.

I can't understand the morals with people like this.

I thought that was grimsgt?

Eh either way ur cars look exactly alike...

I don't see the harm in someone using ur picture. Its not like they are trying to sell your car. Even if they were, they couldn't? right...

Problem is not that they could sell your car but rather they are scamming people because they're selling something they don't have and getting money for it.

It's wrong because people are expecting to see a picture if the car they are buying, not some random persons car that looks kinds like the car for sale.

The owner's picture (the bulbs in the picture are Silver Stars):

33156580106_large.jpg

These are Blinglights's photos (they claim that this is their product):

3182261_s1_i1_7608.jpg

How are we to know what we are buying when what we are looking at isn't what is pictured.

http://www.blujay.com/item/PONTIAC-VIBE-XE...2020315-3182261

More Blinglight stolen picture complaints:

http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/sh...ead.php?t=27873

http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f8/my-t...inglights-4431/

:willy_nilly: wow. can you add me to your list of searches? ill keep an eye out too when i search.

I can't understand the morals with people like this.

Problem is not that they could sell your car but rather they are scamming people because they're selling something they don't have and getting money for it.

Not my problem.

No, why should i care? It don't harm me.

But when someone takes my picture and says that it's theirs then we have a problem.

• Founders

No, why should i care? It don't harm me.

You should, what if it happens to you and you get scammed? Its a bad rep on the car community when these assholes (pardon my wording) go and scam people like you and me just looking for a mod for their car. So if you could stop them before they get around to harming someone the less likely you could be scammed. Catch my drift?

Overall help out your fellow man and good things will come in return, plus it doesn't hurt that these scum bags will become less and less.