Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

J J Web's 1967 Lemans

2024 May
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

2015 USAV Open Nationals

JUSTA6

After 6 long months of contacting players and building my roster, practices and tuneup tournies. I took my team of Mich Rockstar players to battle the best players in the world at the USAV Nationals at Cobo in Detroit. Having to be down there at 7am till eveday since Thursday until ?? Sometimes til 8pm at night. OMG...the skill @ this level is simply amazing! Spikes N blocks I can usually count as a point before I hit the floor, are dug up and played, we were lucky to get in 2 - 25 point matches in within an hour. After our 1st loss on Friday, we were all ready out of the GOLD metal rounds! Saturday we slipped further and out of the Silver medal round. We hung on by #'s on our shirts to make the Bronze flight. Time to bare down and fought our way through the flight and finally finished @ 9pm to bring home a BRONZE award!!! Would love to post some of the 800 plus action photos, but its simply too much of a PIA to move everything 1 at a time to photobucket and then back to this post. Grueling is an understatement to describe the weekend. I am so sore and hardly able to walk, lost my voice Saturday, wife is likin that! Could not be prouder of my team.

US%20NATIONALS%205-21-2015%20409_zpsz3oh

US%20NATIONALS%205-21-2015%20048_zpsf67c

• Like 1

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Founders

:woot: Congrats! Sounds like you guys got some skill then.

Just added an Off Topic category to the Gallery: https://foreverpontiac.com/gallery/category/5-off-topic/. You can add what you want there in one upload then share the gallery link here

Nice jersey's Justa. Indymanjoe and I have ones that look JUSTA like it !!!! lol2.giflol2.giflol2.gif

Congrats on the bronze medal win !!!! I know it was a lot of hard work and aggravation on your part to pull this team together and get to this point. You definitely earned this award buddy.

So now can your life return to normal and get your cars the love and attention they've been demanding? I know for a fact that the GTO and Sunbird are jealous of all the attention the V-ball team has been getting.

For sure my metal babies are next on the list! Couple guys wanted 73 on their jerseys and I had to tell them it was taken already!slap.giflol2.giflol2.giflol2.gif

Nice jersey's Justa. Indymanjoe and I have ones that look JUSTA like it !!!! lol2.giflol2.giflol2.gif

Congrats on the bronze medal win !!!! I know it was a lot of hard work and aggravation on your part to pull this team together and get to this point. You definitely earned this award buddy.

So now can your life return to normal and get your cars the love and attention they've been demanding? I know for a fact that the GTO and Sunbird are jealous of all the attention the V-ball team has been getting.

Guess the team shot is a dead give away for the guess the member behind the Havoc face contest for this year. Then again...nobody would guess what # I am.

Oh, oh, oh, oh, Mr Carter! Mr Carter! I know, I know.....its 42. Of course, that's the simple answer, to the question of Life, the Universe, and Everything.

Horseshack is a respectable name too. It means the cattle are dying.

I can't wait to see you back on the road with the Goat or the Bird JUSTA. Get some rest buddy, you've earned it.

woot.gif Congrats! Sounds like you guys got some skill then.

Just added an Off Topic category to the Gallery: https://foreverpontiac.com/gallery/category/5-off-topic/. You can add what you want there in one upload then share the gallery link here

Thankz Ringo, will check it out tomorow. While there were teams from Canada, Brazil, Venesuala, Finland and Mexico along with the best of American players in our division. We did put down Canada, but lost to Brazil. I believe the Gold medal round came down to Venesuala (spellcheck) and Finland. Alot of these guys were X olympic team members with plenty of mad skills left in em. My 1st and probably last chance to compete at this level. Cost alone per player is between 2500.00 - 3000.00 Being in our hometown cut the cost to less than a quarter of that for me. Wouldn't have missed this for anything.

Thankz Ringo, will check it out tomorow. While there were teams from Canada, Brazil, Venesuala, Finland and Mexico along with the best of American players in our division. We did put down Canada, but lost to Brazil. I believe the Gold medal round came down to Venesuala (spellcheck) and Finland. Alot of these guys were X olympic team members with plenty of mad skills left in em. My 1st and probably last chance to compete at this level. Cost alone per player is between 2500.00 - 3000.00 Being in our hometown cut the cost to less than a quarter of that for me. Wouldn't have missed this for anything.

You say that now. You were second guessing yourself for quite awhile there pal. Yeah, the once-in-a-lifetime experience was well worth it I think. Next time, someone else can do allthe organizing and you will just show up and play, right?

• Founders

Next time, someone else can do allthe organizing and you will just show up and play, right?

99% of the pain in anything :lol: Partially why I don't play Ultimate Frisbee much anymore, nobody would organize it except me and it was always a pain.

I hear you Ringo. JUSTA felt like he was herding cats, trying to get all the v-ball players lined up, collecting money, get them all to practice time, tournaments, etc. He was pretty frazzled the last time I saw him over it.

• Founders

I don't blame him. The worst was back in college when I started the Ultimate Frisbee club, had to go through so much paperwork and meetings just to get the club started, let alone then get members, sign up fees collected, etc... etc... The first tournament was crazy too as the university made me sign a waiver that all members had travel/lodging/etc... setup for the time gone and basically everyone was in my care, that was fun :picard:

You say that now. You were second guessing yourself for quite awhile there pal. Yeah, the once-in-a-lifetime experience was well worth it I think. Next time, someone else can do allthe organizing and you will just show up and play, right?

Correct buddy, I will NOT be putting teams together for events of this caliber again. But the players I met during the course of the Nationals might JUSTA open new doors to many different teams.

I don't blame him. The worst was back in college when I started the Ultimate Frisbee club, had to go through so much paperwork and meetings just to get the club started, let alone then get members, sign up fees collected, etc... etc... The first tournament was crazy too as the university made me sign a waiver that all members had travel/lodging/etc... setup for the time gone and basically everyone was in my care, that was fun picard.gif

A few of us had never been on the same side of the court together. Some were hours of drivetime away from any practices or tournies I had entered the team in. All worked out in the end!

Truly been an International week in the D.  USAV nationals finishing up this weekend and the Detroit Gran Prix going on. Been some great racing last couple days. RED flag with 6 laps to go and both Penske cars out.

Congrats Justa! I got your voicemail er whispermail LOL didnt want to call ya back as im hard of hearing and you sounded hard to talk LOL Awesome win for your team!

Congrats Justa! I got your voicemail er whispermail LOL didnt want to call ya back as im hard of hearing and you sounded hard to talk LOL Awesome win for your team!

Thankz Joe....Yea the voice is back.  We scored a 1/2page spread in the Oakland Press today.  Check the link!

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/sports/20150604/local-team-claims-bronze-title-at-international-tourney-in-detroit