Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

J J Web's 1967 Lemans

2024 May
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Car Show 6/22/14 Pics

stratman

Went to a local car show Sunday and was pleasantly surprised at the turnout since it was overcast most of the morning. The town it was held in has a high end exotic car restoration shop, which is kind of secluded with a number of buildings, so you can never see what they are working on. Well... the owner of the shop drove in, completely unannounced, with a 1 of 4, 1954 Maserati owned by Mr. Marriott (yes, THAT Marriott)! I would bet it is a seven figure automobile. It was really cool to have a car that would do well at Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance at this little local-yocal car show!

Enjoy the pictures!

http://s931.photobucket.com/user/us_strat/slideshow/Show_6_22_14?sort=6

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Founders

Well... the owner of the shop drove in, completely unannounced, with a 1 of 4, 1954 Maserati owned by Mr. Marriott (yes, THAT Marriott)! I would bet it is a seven figure automobile. It was really cool to have a car that would do well at Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance at this little local-yocal car show!

Just read this. Which Marriott was it? My Dad knew Mr. Marriott Sr (whom, I think might be dead now?), back when my Dad worked for the Marriott. Interesting fellow from my Dad's account. I had the honor of meeting him when I was younger, don't remember it but I can at least say that :lol:

Just read this. Which Marriott was it? My Dad knew Mr. Marriott Sr (whom, I think might be dead now?), back when my Dad worked for the Marriott. Interesting fellow from my Dad's account. I had the honor of meeting him when I was younger, don't remember it but I can at least say that :lol:

That is so cool that you met Sr., even though you don't remember it.

• 2 weeks later...

I have to say, those are some pretty sweet cars right there, not to mention they look really expensive. We went last week to a car auction and I seen some pretty expensive cars, but nothing of this caliber. Though the gas would be horrible, looking at those trucks have me yearning to take a closer look at getting one, or maybe an SUV since I put them in the same family. Those Camaro's aren't that bad either. ;)

I have to say, those are some pretty sweet cars right there, not to mention they look really expensive. We went last week to a car auction and I seen some pretty expensive cars, but nothing of this caliber. Though the gas would be horrible, looking at those trucks have me yearning to take a closer look at getting one, or maybe an SUV since I put them in the same family. Those Camaro's aren't that bad either. ;)

It is amazing the caliber of cars that show up at these local shows, not just here but all around the states... it's good to know, that in this PC-plug-in-car world, there are still a ton of car guys (and gals) out there!

stratman, on 04 Jul 2014 - 05:31 AM, said:

...it's good to know, that in this PC-plug-in-car world, there are still a ton of fossil fuel burning cars out there!

fixed for ya. :D