Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

J J Web's 1967 Lemans

2024 May
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

College

havoc1482

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

:O RLY Owl:

Yep, basically how I see it. Now all I need is to be covered in Rolling Rock cans.

Also speaking of College, apparently I have fans....

A9SixR1CEAMZLeU.jpg

Somebody posted it on twitter LOL

Yup, this sure reminds me of the old days.when the last time I saw someone lying in a pile of beer cans and bottles is when I was invited by a high school friend to a weekend frat party at Michigan State University (I went to Michigan however) in the early 1980s. The guys and their girlfriends were all gathered around the TV in the main commons room watching the old original Bob Newhart show (with Suzanne Pleshette as his wife). I think there was about 25-30 people there. Everyone had beer and cigarettes in their hands. I asked my buddy what was going. He said they were playing "Newhart".

OK the rules of Newhart are simple. You watch an episode of Bob Newhart. You have to drink an entire beer every time someone says "Bob you got a minute?". You smoke a cigarette every time someone says "Bob I've got to talk to you". So you have to drink and smoke as quickly as you can as this can happen multiple times a show.

Now this night was an exceptional one. Bob was hosting a large group therapy session in his office and everyone of these people are as dysfunctional as can be. So every-time you turned around someone was saying one or the other expression. I think it was something like 15 "Bob you got a minute" and 9 "Bob I've got to talk to you". It was hilarious to watch this spectacle unfold. Remember this is a 30 minute show. People were pounding beer and dragging cigarettes through the commercials to keep up !!!! So of course this lead to people passing out !!!! Ah....yes....memories !

We used Star Trek everyone got a different character and we would chug our favourite drink every time they did something typical.

What happened to those people who got characters in red shirts? You know Scotty was the only one who wore a red shirt and lived.

Yep, basically how I see it. Now all I need is to be covered in Rolling Rock cans.

"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son!" - Dean Wormer, Faber College. ANIMAL HOUSE

No one got Ensign "go behind the rock and die" Brown. But when it happened we did have to empty our glass of whatever was in it.

Sucks to be a rye whiskey man when your friends drink beer.

College we had a bar across the road. Crap bar sold beer by the 'gas tank' It was a 1.5 gallon gas can that was only $15.00. I had to sleep in my Impala on a few nights because I could barely walk let alone drive. This is where I learn to hate Pabst Blue Ribbon.

• Founders

College we had a bar across the road. Crap bar sold beer by the 'gas tank' It was a 1.5 gallon gas can that was only $15.00. I had to sleep in my Impala on a few nights because I could barely walk let alone drive. This is where I learn to hate Pabst Blue Ribbon.

DAMN! Only $15? We've gotten the "beer-balls" which are about 55 beers, they run about $35-40

Can't drink Bud Light anymore because that's what they were and they had a very very bad plastic taste to it since that was what the "ball" was. Did a beer-ball race before with friends where it was 2vs2 and you had a beer ball. First to finish won. NEVER AGAIN. Did it I think once my sophomore year and then my junior year. Am told I walked nearly 4 miles to a McDonalds for breakfast in the morning :rofl:

1994 and $15.00 was great. Taco Hell was exactly half way back to my house and I usually had 20 left over from the night. Stop in get some intestine cleanser and carry on. (25 cent tacos then)

DAMN! Only $15? We've gotten the "beer-balls" which are about 55 beers, they run about $35-40

Can't drink Bud Light anymore because that's what they were and they had a very very bad plastic taste to it since that was what the "ball" was. Did a beer-ball race before with friends where it was 2vs2 and you had a beer ball. First to finish won. NEVER AGAIN. Did it I think once my sophomore year and then my junior year. Am told I walked nearly 4 miles to a McDonalds for breakfast in the morning :rofl:

When I was in college, there was a bar called Doobie's across the street from the university parking ramp and library. They had a standing student lunch special - $2.00 for a hot dog and a beer. Sadly, Doobie's is long gone.

• Founders

When I was in college, there was a bar called Doobie's across the street from the university parking ramp and library. They had a standing student lunch special - $2.00 for a hot dog and a beer. Sadly, Doobie's is long gone.

That's disappointing, I want a beer and a hot dog now

FORDing around in college is a right of passage. We all did it. Its only when we are caught by the law or suffer one helluva hangover, do we begin to understand what the word "consequences" really mean. I can only imagine how those frats boys felt after that night of Newhart.