Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

The 5 just got so much better!!!!

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Well I just installed my heated seat kit!!!!!!!!

They work well but I'm going to have to cut some plastic out, underneath where the switches are mounted, so that they sit flush.

Here are a couple pics:

IMAG0780.jpg

IMAG0782.jpg

I'll take some more pictures when I fix the button issue.

• 3 months later...
I finally had some free time today so I thought I would try a couple things out.

First: The Hood Gap Delete. I should have done this a long time ago. It's cheap, easy, and greatly improves the look of the car!

Pics:

Before:

IMAG03361024x612.jpg

After:

P1000708_zps9f0bc04e.jpg

P1000709_zps21483e8a.jpg

P1000710_zpsdff1a0ee.jpg

P1000712_zps0e21ff57.jpg

P1000717_zpsbcbffa49.jpg

P1000718_zps256087a0.jpg

P1000719_zps123569f5.jpg

I'll have to take some better pics once it is nice enough to finally clean the car. I'm still figuring out this new camera so we shall see how they turn out.

Second:

Today I read on one of the Cobalt forums that if you put 1/4" vinyl tubing in your weatherstripping, you will get less wind noise. I bought some cheap tubing and tried it out. I will have to wait until tomorrow to see how well it actually works but initial impressions were that it improved a little bit.

P1000722_zpsc2ec9dc6.jpg

P1000724_zps21db7ec1.jpg

I pulled the weatherstripping off in order to do this. I had to grease up the inside of the weather stripping and then force the tubing through. It was impossible to get the tubing to go the entire length so I had to trim it off and then retry where the tubing had stopped. This took a little while but it was easier once I found out you could get the tubing through the pre-made holes in the weatherstripping.