Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

J J Web's 1967 Lemans

2024 May
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Blew my 2 front home theater speakers but now I have 3 new ones. :)

Jedi3

Blew my 2 front home theater speakers recently and been saving up to get some new ones. They were like 8 or 10 years old but were really high end ones and sounded great right up till the end. So I have been shopping for something to replace them. I had for my fronts to large bookshelf JBL 800 gold series. but I just picked up two PolkAudio med/small bookshelf speakers and a 10" Sony powered sub. These thing friggen rock for the money the two PolkAudio were 219.99 for the pair and the sony sub was only 95.10 so I think I got a great deal. So I went from 7.0 surround to 7.1 the speakers are super clear and the sub is crazy loud! I also have 4 Cambrige Soundworks surround (left side back, right side back and two stereo rears) and a Cerwin Vega large center speaker. I played with them for a few hours today on my day off after I got done hooking them up and re tuning the system. After my old apartment got robbed a year or so ago I replaced my receiver and dvd player. I love Sony receivers I got the 2nd from the top of the line one and this thing does so many things and has so many controls and so much power. The DVD is just a run of the mill Sony hi def/blueray player with internet connection a feature I have never used lol

On to the picks......

I need to get new speaker stands now there too big for the new speakers.

new fronts 100w a side

DSCN1488.jpg

sub 100w

DSCN1489.jpg

the other stuff I have

center 150w ( its an older center speaker but still works great. You get what you pay for ;) )

DSCN1491.jpg

Cambrige Soundworks surround (x4) 100w or more I forget

DSCN1490.jpg

my rack system

DSCN1492.jpg

32' Sony hi def TV (I so want a 40" or bigger but I dont have the room for it.)

DSCN1493.jpg

I would love to see what everyone else has cuz Im sure im not the only one that loves this stuff.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Founders

Nice system! That's a big sub!

I actually use a 5.1 Creative computer system that is designed for computer gaming but it actually does a great job for entertainment (music, movies and TV). I'll get a pic of it here this weekend. It's a small system but packs a punch that's just as big as the bigger guys. Best $50 I've ever spent lol.

Yeah, gaming sound systems really have good quaility because many games these days not only have great graphics, but amazing sound as well. Example = Battlefield 3, holy amazing directional surround sound

That's a big sub!

It is and it isn't....

For the most part to buy just a sub there all big I could of gone way bigger but that would be silly. Also the two front are a 100w each and the sub is a 100w so it really matches up nicely. I would of liked to of gotten a slimmer sub but everything I saw I just dident like. Also the smaller subs all came with other speakers included and I just dident need or want that. I like making my own stuff up cuz I know what I like better than the people that make up the package deals ect.

• Founders

Yeah, gaming sound systems really have good quaility because many games these days not only have great graphics, but amazing sound as well. Example = Battlefield 3, holy amazing directional surround sound

Yeah why i got it originally to play COD and hear people around me :lol: I play completely by sound now it's creepy

It is and it isn't....

For the most part to buy just a sub there all big I could of gone way bigger but that would be silly. Also the two front are a 100w each and the sub is a 100w so it really matches up nicely. I would of liked to of gotten a slimmer sub but everything I saw I just dident like. Also the smaller subs all came with other speakers included and I just dident need or want that. I like making my own stuff up cuz I know what I like better than the people that make up the package deals ect.

Yeah, my next system I will probably customize it by buying each piece because I know what I want now.

I have the wire hook up for my iphone for my system and Pandora radio and my game sound amazing. ;) I want to get the video cable for the iphone so I can see my games I have an awesome racing game that's sapose to be great on the tv.

I have never been a small system guy I like having the big systems and all the separate components / rack systems.

I have an older Sony 5.1 system in the rec room with a 47" LG LCD TV. Bose system in the bedroom and a Bose in the living room. My best sounding system is an old Pioneer in the garage from 1977 and some old Realistic speakers from Radio Shack.

Basically my ghetto ass setup:

20120228230652.jpg

20120228230739.jpg

20120228230804.jpg

20120228230815.jpg

Computer splits to a stereo system that has the bass cranked to shake my feet and a speaker in front of me to provide additional sound. When I watch a movie and there is an explosion, it feels like I'm there haha

I need a monitor with an HDMI input because my GPU has a micro-HDMI port and I have the adapter. HDMI sound is much better than regular old 3.5mm

• 3 weeks later...

So I couldn't find any spk stands I liked or would spend the outrageous money they wanted for them. So yesterday I decided to take apart the ones I had and cut them down and re paint them. I think I t came out great and You cant even tell I cut them down and re did them. I would of liked to make them a bit smaller but the speakers are a bit heavy and I dident want to cut up the uprights and weaken the stands at all. I just cut some off the top&bottom and the back. but I think it will work out fine. :)

Look at the first pic in the thread for the before pic.

DSCN1494.jpg

DSCN1495.jpg

let me know what you think......

• Founders

Looks perfect!! There is a little bit of over-hang on each side but I think that's fine because some production stands I've seen have it.

I have a 5.1 setup in my room. I have 2 Polk RTi6 speakers for the front, CSi6 for the center, RTi4's for the surrounds and a veldodyne sub. I have a 32" Samsung LCD for my tv, out in our living room we just got a 55" VIZIO LED LCD.

Looks perfect!! There is a little bit of over-hang on each side but I think that's fine because some production stands I've seen have it.

I have a 5.1 setup in my room. I have 2 Polk RTi6 speakers for the front, CSi6 for the center, RTi4's for the surrounds and a veldodyne sub. I have a 32" Samsung LCD for my tv, out in our living room we just got a 55" VIZIO LED LCD.

that's a nice setup

Your setup is pretty nice also

thanks Im really happy with how it sounds and the volume I can get out of it. Im thinking of getting a new rack / tv stand. I really hate the one I have now. The tv is too high and I hate having the doors open to use it. I really want something with glass doors. Its kinda a pain having the doors in the way when im using the stuff.

I can shake the whole house pretty much lol.

:lol2: I love doing that

So I was talking to a buddy that I havent talked to in like 4 or 5 years. (he moved to FL 3 years before I moved to SC) He was really into car and home audio stuff too. we at one point started talking about what we have now and I was telling him about my system. So I emailed him the pics from this thread and got a text back later I hate you, im jelly. :lol:

He said he dident really have much of a system at the moment.........

• 9 months later...

Did some updating to my system this last couple of weeks. New TV stand, new hi DEF 3-D smart 40" TV, 3-D hi DEF DVD player, Wall mount & and a new high end surge protector.

Sorry the pics suck

amajy8uv.jpg

buny9y2y.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk