Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

• Founders

Well I got out of work today, got to an intersection so I turned my blinker on, took the turn and then the blinker just kept going. The turn was long enough for it to turn it off, I thought nothing of it and put it down manually. Continued with my drive, then it happened when I pulled into a shopping center to run some errands and same deal. Now whenever I turn the wheel with the blinker off I hear some clicking.

SUMMARY: Blinker won't turn off by itself after a turn either direction and steering wheel makes clicking noise when blinker is off.

I'm thinking something with the blinker mechanism is either stuck or broken and causing the blinker to not turn off.I'm probably gonna take a look at it on Friday but was just wondering if anybody else has had anything similar :lol:

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Founders

My blinker barely ever turns off by itself. No clicking noise though.

Weird, mine used to every time. Even around those "weird" long sloped turns that other cars didn't.

Hrmmm...sounds like the G6 inherited another quirk from it's predissesor...

Sounds like the turn signal switch (Not the stalk on the column) may have dirty contacts, or the relay itself is bad. IIRC, your hazard switch/button controls the "click". Take out the switch and clean its contact points.

http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/catalog/frameset.cfm

It looks to me like it is still a mechanical piece so there maybe a part broken off inside. Even with an airbag they are not difficult to fix. I just cannot remember if it is the actual switch or the clock spring that is more likely to break.

• Founders

I feel like something is broken but who knows. I'll be checking both, I hope it's just something I can fix and not have to buy new parts or dread a whole assembly

Hey, at least your indicator arrows and the clickey noise works. I drove around town with my right flasher on the whole time. Didn't notice until I hit a bump and it started working. Then it broke again the next day. Story of my car.

• Founders

Definitely think something is broken now because when I put it down to turn left it won't stay down, I have to hold it down ;)

• 2 years later...
  • Founders

Needs more blinker fluid!

This....

but seriously, I forgot about this thread... took apart the steering column and in my case there was a misaligned and somewhat broken part, probably going to be rubbish at describing it but it was a plastic part responsible for pushing the stalk back up after the turn (you'll see it). Realigned the part and beefed it up a bit with some duct tape and its been working so far for about over a year. Though it sounds very odd :lol:.

This really isn't a long-term solution. I'll probably need to find the part number or assembly number and replace it but, and I'm sort of ashamed to say, my Camaro has taken over my life a bit.

If you find you have the same issue and find the part/assembly number for it, let me know. Also I'll let me know if you have any questions and I'll help out the best I can.