Skip to content

Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Sign up now! 🏁

1-2-3 times the fun

Featured Replies

Been having probs with my Tri power Carbs for years. Starts N runs fine, sounds good. Smack the backside of the pedal to the floor and huge bog....... Adjusted Tri linkage everyway possible, kicking in the end carbs sooner or later and ended up best setting was back to original. Learned to ramp into it. Tried to adjust middle carb and needle valve was flopping side to side as far in as I could get it. Assumed a cracked base plate and rt side wasn't able to adjust at all. Yes I have the 1/4 spring handle that bends to get in there, but have to add a socket for the screwdriver bit, making it too long to work. Front carb has been leaking and car has sat for 3yrs needing trans work I was finally able to afford to get done on the 200R4 this summer. Only made one show (Labor day) and had probs with the pass side bank blasting steam from exhaust. Really scared it blew a head gasket, but apparently self healed .....Good GTO! Warmed up the car to try to find the leakage that puddles on my intake. Pulled air cleaner and its JUSTA spraying everywhere at an idle. New plugs a while ago, front 4 are sooo carboned up they couldn't fire. Back 4 were perfect. Can't keep driving it like this. Have one more show tomorrow. My carb kits came in late afternoon yesterday. Friggin $60 + per kit. Parts guy say's I'm one of the few carb kits sold this entire year. Peeps would rather drop a Holley sniper fuel injection unit. I can't what??? You can tune a carb, butcha can't tune a fish. Got the carb off, reset middle carb settings. (now you can wiggle both needle valves) but they are adjusted the same. Would be so easy to adjust middle carb if ya made a block off plate for front carb and plug the fuel line. HMMMM What?? daughter pulls in with sick granddaughter. Wife is out to classes and a followup grocery stop, will be gone for hours and I have to stay close to da baby incase she wakes up.

DSC_0514.JPG

SOOO much easier to adjust middle carb.

DSC_0515.JPG

I will be so pissed if I don't make the show tomorrow.

DSC_0516.JPG

I'm betting the float is stuck wide open.

DSC_0513.JPG

Pulled it off and it's justa puking. Took a step and .25 size dripping on driveway.

Edited by JUSTA6

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.