Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Approved for a car loan... What to get as a DD

1BADG6GT

I applied for a car loan through my bank and to my surprise I got it!!! I just did it for shits and giggles but now I'm seriously thinking of getting a DD.... What to get is my question now????

Oh and the GREATEST question... Keep or get rid of the 6??? Im having mixed emotions about this... cause if I get a decent DD with the loan (Honda, Nissan), then sell the 6 and with the $ turn around and buy me a project/Toy car (GTO)....

I know I'm gonna get BLASTED on for thinking about going the import route, but it is what it is... good gas mileage and decent used prices...

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

03-05 Pontiac Grand Am SE: L61 with a five speed. Awesome on gas, and the L61 has a healthy aftermarket (cams, tune, exhaust, pistons, headwork, and HUGE opportunity for boost applications) and they're still relatively cheap to maintain, and cheap to buy.

7-9 K

*Update* Shifting my view towards SS Cobalts... Power + Decent MPGs + OK used price = WIN!

An SS would be a fun car for sure.

Civic hatch. You know your Mexican side wants it!

No kidding! Seriously I do want one... maybe I should hit up Jose from AIT and see if he has that bugger green one he took to the show, if so how much would he sell it for. When we last spoke he said 6-7k... but it's ALL done up!!!

Right handside drive, Supercharged, etc.,

1269279355-1.jpg

^^^ The Green one!!!

• Founders

Geo Prism, buy one for like a dollar then have $5,999 to spend on other stuff! :lol2:

Seriously though I'd go after an SS Cobalt, things are amazing and get go gas.

Geo Prism, buy one for like a dollar then have $5,999 to spend on other stuff! :lol2:

Seriously though I'd go after an SS Cobalt, things are amazing and get go gas.

I like that idea! :lol2:

Buy one for like $100 then spend the rest on mods!!!! :rofl:

No kidding! Seriously I do want one... maybe I should hit up Jose from AIT and see if he has that bugger green one he took to the show, if so how much would he sell it for. When we last spoke he said 6-7k... but it's ALL done up!!!

Right handside drive, Supercharged, etc.,

1269279355-1.jpg

^^^ The Green one!!!

haha nice, you still have that pic I sent you!

Ask him, I bet he'd sell it (if he hasn't already).

haha nice, you still have that pic I sent you!

Ask him, I bet he'd sell it (if he hasn't already).

I fell in love with that Jap course I still have that pic! :lol2:

I think you should get it Pete, $10k is ridiculous though. Id expect like $7-8k.

I know right? THAT's exactly what I thought he was gonna ask for it... like 7k... I told him that if I sold the 6 quickly I would make him an offer, but now there's a bump in the road... I had a minor fender bender about an hr ago now it looks like I'm gonna need another AIT rear bumper... which means I'll need to spend some $ that I'll loose in the sale... :lol2:

• Founders

I know right? THAT's exactly what I thought he was gonna ask for it... like 7k... I told him that if I sold the 6 quickly I would make him an offer, but now there's a bump in the road... I had a minor fender bender about an hr ago now it looks like I'm gonna need another AIT rear bumper... which means I'll need to spend some $ that I'll loose in the sale... ;)

Ouchie :lol2:

You selling the 6 as is or are you going to go back to stock?

Ouchie ;)

You selling the 6 as is or are you going to go back to stock?

As is.. well after I get it fixed... Selling it stock would be hard as ballz!!!

As is.. well after I get it fixed... Selling it stock would be hard as ballz!!!

A huge agree there. Especially up there in Northern Mexico... lol

Sucks that you have to get another AIT rear. Anyone on G6P getting rid of theirs? Maybe you could pick one up for cheap. Also, maybe if you buy another one at AIT than you can get in better with the guy and get his hatchie.