Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

boom boom boom..

Okay friends the search is on again.

Since i got a ton of other stuff for my birthday last year i didnt end up with the sound system. Since one of my so called "friends" blew my speakers the last time she was in my car my mom has decided to get me speakers and a deck for my car. I have been mainly looking at pioneer but i know there is a ton others. I dont really have a big budget I have like 250-300 but i dont really need anything more then just a deck and two rear speakers. I will post what i am looking at here soon..

DEH-6300UB_reg.jpg

DEH-6300UB

Customize Your Receiver with Over 210,000 Colors

Listen to Your Pandora Internet Radio Stations using an iPhone® with Pandora App

Front USB Port for Direct Control of iPod®/iPhone® or Access to USB Device

TS-A6964R_reg.jpg

TS-A6964R

400 Watts Max Power

Carbon Graphite IMPP Cone with Interlaced Aramid Fiber Provides Strength and Rigidity for Full-Bodied, Rich Sound

Lightweight Elastic Polymer Surround

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Actually that is... I'd love to find a deck that I like that cheap. All the ones I'm looking at are around $500. :)

haha yeah me to but unfourtunatly i dont have that kind of money to spend on my car. i mean granted my mom is getting it for me and i wont let her spend that much on it. I will eventually get a good job and be able to afford a nice one but until then it is what it is

I'll chat with my buddy Dave, Em. He's an audio/electrical wiz, and he did the majority of Lizzy's system (HU, speakers, and 10" sub) and I'll ask what would be good. I know off the bat, Pioneer makes excellent HU's, but lousy speakers. Rockford's are much better.

I'll have him check out his sources for good 6x9s.

IMO, I'd replace the door speakers and tweeters too (the OEM ones are weaksauce)

get the new alpine CDA-98XX series head units. I know i got mine of fleabay for like 120 and by a car audio guru who has been at it for years, and a buddy who just graduated from mobile electronics school BOTH said that head unit is the best you can get for a single din. not to mention, 120 dollars is unbeatable, let me ebay it and link you.

well i guess the EXACT one i had like 2 years ago was cheaper than the newer released models BUT you can still get that unit and its baller as shit.

i LOVED the 9883. completely tune your audio and makes the sound crisp as shit.

heres a bidding one

http://cgi.ebay.com/Alpine-CDA-9883-CD-Pla...1#ht_500wt_1156

' date='Jan 16 2011, 12:32 PM' post='46632']...IMO, I'd replace the door speakers and tweeters too (the OEM ones are weaksauce)

:) so you can have a matching set all around and so you know all your speakers wont blow out.

Now that I think about it, THIS is what I have in the GTO right now and love it. I have the iPod cable too.

http://www.kenwoodusa.com/Car_Entertainmen...eivers/KDC-X794

will it work on my car? because i might just go with that...maybe. its like the same priv=ce

in general, any and every aftermarket head unit will work with your car. just gotta have the correct wiring harness.