Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

1988 Pontiac Pro-Am For Sale

1988 Pro-Am customized by Chattanooga Choo Choo and believed to be 1 of 100 that year. My dad passed away last year and probably put it in the garage when my mom passed away in 2014. The garage roof  leaked so hood and front spoiler needs TLC. 305 auto, T-tops. Miles 0004731 on 8/11/89 when my parents bought it and wasn't their main vehicle so miles are low. I'm still hunting keys so I don't know the actual reading on the odometer. Located in Morristown Tennessee $6000 or best offer. Please PM for any additional information 

IMG_7605.jpg

IMG_7605~2.jpg

IMG_7603~2.jpg

IMG_7603.jpg

IMG_7604.jpg

• Like 1

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Very cool. I have heard of the Pro Am. There should be a gold plate on the dash telling you what number (out of 100) yours is.

Based on what I know, this was mostly cosmetic changes to the car, regardless if it was a base Firebird, Trans Am, or Formula. Chattanoga Choo Choo (CCC) did not alter the drivetrain in any way. So if it was a V6, it stayed a V6 car. a TPI 305 stayed a TPI 305, etc. I've heard that most of the cars were base Firebirds.

CCC was a dealer conversion company, and they added the large (non-functional) hood scope, the ground effects package, wheels and tires, dash plaque, exhaust tips, and perhaps some other interior mods. Most were solid color cars, but there were a handful of two-tone cars as well. It is my understanding that the cost of a CCC converted Pro Am was close to the same price of a Trans Am.

These are sharp looking cars especially when they were new. I rather doubt that these cars are particularly valuable or desirable. I hope I am wrong on that point. However, if the car started life a base Firebird, then the value decreases substantially. Given your pictures, your car might have been a Formula to start (a VIN check will confirm that), so that has some value plus it is a V8 car and not a V6 car. Given that CCC was located in Tennessee, it stands to reason that a larger percentage of the Pro Ams can also be found in Tennessee.

Edited by Frosty
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It may have but I'm not able to get in it or get the door open at the moment and it's been many many years since I have been in it. My dad passed away last year and everyone wants to sell the home and it's hard for me to get around and why it's not clean at the moment plus I have a BIG BOWL OF KEYS to go through to find the right ones haha!

• Like 1

I do have the title and I know for sure when they bought it there was the Chattanooga ChooChoo and the big scoop and they purchased it in 89 so it was a year old. They used to pick with each other, one would say "My car" and the other would say "My car" back. It was so amusing but I think dad just didn't want to see it anymore so it was put in the garage, drained of water, and that's where she has been! Thanks so much

Sorry just wanted to say dad was a GM nut! At the time he also had a 1970 and 1968 Camaros a 1962 and 1969 Impala and also in the garage promised to and taken home a few weeks ago a 1968 RS/SS Camaro but as many people that tried and as much as he was offered (a lot) 😍he would not sell because it was going to be his Grandsons.🥲

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about the passing of your father. My condolences.

The original keys should be a black square ignition key, and an oval door/trunk key. Both should have the GM logo on it. I hope that helps narrow the key search.

• Like 2

On 7/3/2023 at 3:09 PM, Frosty said:

Very cool. I have heard of the Pro Am. There should be a gold plate on the dash telling you what number (out of 100) yours is.

Based on what I know, this was mostly cosmetic changes to the car, regardless if it was a base Firebird, Trans Am, or Formula. Chattanoga Choo Choo (CCC) did not alter the drivetrain in any way. So if it was a V6, it stayed a V6 car. a TPI 305 stayed a TPI 305, etc. I've heard that most of the cars were base Firebirds.

CCC was a dealer conversion company, and they added the large (non-functional) hood scope, the ground effects package, wheels and tires, dash plaque, exhaust tips, and perhaps some other interior mods. Most were solid color cars, but there were a handful of two-tone cars as well. It is my understanding that the cost of a CCC converted Pro Am was close to the same price of a Trans Am.

These are sharp looking cars especially when they were new. I rather doubt that these cars are particularly valuable or desirable. I hope I am wrong on that point. However, if the car started life a base Firebird, then the value decreases substantially. Given your pictures, your car might have been a Formula to start (a VIN check will confirm that), so that has some value plus it is a V8 car and not a V6 car. Given that CCC was located in Tennessee, it stands to reason that a larger percentage of the Pro Ams can also be found in Tennessee.

The car in the pic appears to be a base V-8 Firebird...With Throttle Body Fuel Injection...(TBI)

The Firebird letters on the fender is what gives it away...(Formula/TAs are badged differently)  The Trans Am version would have the air extractor in the lower fender behind the front wheel...The Formula/Trans Am version will have 4 wheel Disc Brakes...16 inch wheels and a 140 MPH speedometer...And of course (305/350 CID) Tuned Port Injection....The base V8 Firebird will have Thottle body injection (305 CID)... Drum brakes on the rear...With 15 inch wheels...

The same company...Choo Choo Customs...Also did a different 3rd gen Firebird conversion known as the Bandit II...Kind of the same as the Pro Am...With a different hood scoop that simulates the 2nd gen Shaker...With specific Bandit II graphics/wheels...They also did an El Camino SS conversion with the 80s Monte Carlo SS style aero nose on it...With special El Camino SS Graphics/Wheels...Have seen in person a few Bandit IIs and SS El Camino's...through the years...But have never seen a Pro Am...

Cool car..

Edited by TWO LANE BLACK TOP
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, TWO LANE BLACK TOP said:

The car in the pic appears to be a base V-8 Firebird...With Throttle Body Fuel Injection...(TBI)

The Firebird letters on the fender is what gives it away...(Formula/TAs are badged differently)  The Trans Am version would have the air extractor in the lower fender behind the front wheel...The Formula/Trans Am version will have 4 wheel Disc Brakes...16 inch wheels and a 140 MPH speedometer...And of course (305/350 CID) Tuned Port Injection....The base V8 Firebird will have Thottle body injection (305 CID)... Drum brakes on the rear...With 15 inch wheels...

The same company...Choo Choo Customs...Also did a different 3rd gen Firebird conversion known as the Bandit II...Kind of the same as the Pro Am...With a different hood scoop that simulates the 2nd gen Shaker...With specific Bandit II graphics/wheels...They also did an El Camino SS conversion with the 80s Monte Carlo SS style aero nose on it...With special El Camino SS Graphics/Wheels...Have seen in person a few Bandit IIs and SS El Camino's...through the years...But have never seen a Pro Am...

Cool car.

11 hours ago, Frosty said:

Sorry to hear about the passing of your father. My condolences.

The original keys should be a black square ignition key, and an oval door/trunk key. Both should have the GM logo on it. I hope that helps narrow the key search.

4 hours ago, TWO LANE BLACK TOP said:

16885026180597165801518894023321.jpg

Haha yea I'm looking thru probably 30 sets of GM keys he had extra sets of everything he ever had and made it to 85 with just a few days til he would have been 86.

Thanks for your kindness