Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

J J Web's 1967 Lemans

2024 May
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

1973 Pontiac lemans

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Do you have the buckets?   If so,  check the bolt holes in the seat frames.  See where they line up.  If you don't have matching holes, they may not be the correct buckets for the car OR more than likely it was a bench seat car from the factory.

• Like 1

To JUSTA's point, bucket seats should have four mounting holes or studs for both the driver seat and passenger seat of the floor. If the studs or holes are not there, then the car may have been built with a bench seat which only have two holes/studs on each side. There are commercial kits available to convert a bench to a bucket seat.

So the first question will be determining what the car originally came with. I had a 73 Lemans Sport Coupe when I was teenager. It had bucket seats. Given that you appear to have a base Lemans (I say that only because I don't see any badges on the car right now), it is possible that your car came with a bench seat from the factory and you are missing holes or studs to mount the bucket seats properly.

• Like 2