Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Keane165's 1970 LeMans

2022 June
of the Month

• Welcome!

Welcome to Forever Pontiac, where we keep the memory of Pontiac alive with great discussion, maintenance tips, restoration/modification progression "blogs" and help from professional & DIY mechanics. Also, wonderful competitions that occur regularly. Please register for an absolutely free account to join in!

New Guy

I have been a Pontiac guy for 30+ years and a complete novice to mechanics. In the late 80’s I owned a 1972 T/A. At the time I knew I loved it but I had no idea what I had and sold it when the first baby came along…🙄. I found a 1976 Firebird Formula with 69000 miles that was in good shape. It needed some tinkering, I put in a new headliner, new door sills, new door handle, new window sweeps, new valve cover gaskets, oil change, filters, package tray, weatherstripping. Those I could do and I thought why does everyone say these cars cost so much. Then I sent out my Quadrajet to get rebuilt. That was a big bill. Once I got it back on the car I couldn’t get it to run right, there were more vacuum leaks than a Hoover factory. I took it to the carb guy, thinking it would be simple for an expert. 😂. Another big bill and now I know what everyone was talking about. Cars running good, looks good and is so much damn fun to drive. I had forgotten the smells, the noise, the creaks and the visceral joy of these cars. 

Happy to be here, I love seeing the cars you guys put on here. They are history and need to be preserved. 

0C15C576-1ABB-4297-B01E-847DCB445086.jpeg

14B7F8DF-34B3-4D4B-BBB3-C66290A3238B.jpeg

374336A6-9D80-4D73-A7B0-6B46B151882C.jpeg

03DB7FC5-73BD-4783-99D4-2931B319DB81.jpeg

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Founders

:welcomeFP:

Great lookin Formula!

• Like 1

A friend has your car w/same color options.  He hasn't had it out in 15 years, but will not part with it.  You have a keeper there, enjoy!  Talk it up with us in the forums.  Jump in anywhere.  Welcome to the site.

• Like 1

Oooh!! a  3 pedal car !!  Love it!!  welcome to the site from Ont. Canada

• Like 1

Wow! It's been a long time since I've seen the yellow and black Formula edition. I agree with Dualquadpete, a three pedal car is even more rare. Enjoy your ride.

Welcome to FP LB270!

• Like 1