Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

OK, I had put a RediRad into my 67 Corvette a few years ago. It allowed me to plug my phone into it and play my cell phone through the Corvette's radio. It game me music, audio books, GPS directions and so much more. So I bought one for my 66 Catalina.  The Corvette's worked through the FM side and the Pontiac through the AM side.

Here is the problem, mu new Apple 13 does not have a plug in for a headset. So it won't work?  How do I turn this into a Bluetooth solution? 

Thank you for any help you can be!

God bless!

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Ted - is this just an AM radio, or is it AM/FM?

I am thinking of a FM transmitter that you set to a "dead" FM channel. This one plugs into your cigeratte lighter and you need a USB cable for your iPhone. Of course, there are more expensive set-ups but you get the idea.

image.thumb.png.64cb5876b496848de3e350ab17f5cc52.png

• Like 1

Frosty,

Yes it is just an AM radio. I had thought I did get getting a unit that would work with it.  Then Apple stopped having a headset plug in.

I want to put a removable car council of some sort in it. I may have to put an Apple Play radio in that?

Thank you for trying!

God bless!

Ted

• Like 1

I think there are some units that will work with the AM band....or do you remember the old Audiovox FM 1-C under dash units from back in the day that allow you get FM thru your AM radio? A bit clunky I know, but it just popped in my head. I do think there is a better solution though. I just need to find it.

• Like 1

Frosty,

It actually came wit one of those units. Possibly I could make it work if I have to, but it would be a band aid on a band aid.

😱

God bless!

Ted Feight

• Like 1

Ted

I totally agree, while it is clunky at best, you could set a frequency on the Audiovox and then plug into the cigarettes' lighter with the device above.

I believe there is a better solution too. It is not just with RediRad at the moment. 

• 3 weeks later...

Well I am back with a few questions and still working on the radio.

I found an adapter that allowed me to plug my Apple 13 into my RediRad; that allowed me to play my phone through an AM radio. 

For your information I also found a Bluetooth adapter for the AM radio.

I have put the RediRad adapter in my 67 Corvette and had not problem other than finding a good ground.  It was using an FM radio. 

However, I for this in my 66 Pontiac and it does not appear to work. Now mind you the car is in the lower garage which has 1 foot of cement on the walls, ceiling and floor. So it gets no radio signal in that garage. However, when I put this unit in the 67, I just had to tune it to the correct station and my iPhone worked in this garage. 

So here are the questions:

1. I ground it to the lower dash. I tested the ignition power I use on the fuse box and it was good. I tested the ground with an alligator clip around it and the ground was good. Does the 66 Catalina have a ground problem? should I ground it somewhere else? It feels like a ground problem?

2. The radio was working through an FM add on unit. If I need to have the radio worked on, where should I take it?

Thank you for any help you can be!

God bless!

Ted Feight

backInside66Catalinastripped.jpg

inside66CatalinaInteriorStrippedFront.jpg