Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Woodward Scream Cruise

JUSTA6

One last time to play with the cars this year!!!!    PONTIAC, Mich.  -- We all know about the Woodward Dream Cruise, but Pontiac -- or “Hauntiac,” as it’s known this time of year -- is hoping to start a new “epic annual tradition” this fall.

It’s not your typical car show and cruise metro Detroiters may be used to, though. The free event opens to the public at 2 p.m. Saturday, with participants decorating their vehicles in Halloween spirit at the Oakland History Center at 405 Cesar Chavez Avenue.

The Scream Cruise will leave at 5 p.m., heading down Woodward Avenue to the “Boo!kley Monster Mash” in Berkley.

It’s official. Dead Sled Brand is sponsoring the first annual Hauntiac Woodward Scream Cruise! (Event page and all that...

Posted by Robert 'Nix' Nixon on Friday, October 15, 2021

The event is “the brainchild” of 19-year-old Halloween enthusiast Clark Floer, who’s often seen riding around town in his 20-year-old hearse.
"This is the ultimate event to end the car show and cruising season”, Floer said, per a press release.

When Floer discovered the Pontiac Transportation Museum was being built, Floer knew it would be “the perfect partnership,” and Mike McGuinness, executive director of the Oakland County Pioneer and Historical Society ( Oakland History Center ) jumped on board too.

"Halloween fans are not going to want to miss the start of this epic annual tradition in our region," McGuinness said. "The Hauntiac Car Show and Woodward Scream Cruise are destined to grow into a highly-anticipated, spooky sensation. Let the ghoulish good times roll!"

image.png

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

8 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

Now that would be cool are your going JustA ?

Not sure,  GTO still has road insurance on it.  We have had sooo much rain, my roads are washed out with very deep ruts.  Really not sure that I could get out of my driveway with the GTO.  Weather for Friday is more rain probably Sat as well.  Maybe take the 4X4, it's mudd top to bottom.  Scary

I would L-O-V-E to go! The Roadmonster would fit right in. However, I will be North Carolina this weekend for another fellow FP member's wedding on Halloween. Gawd. This is a great idea. I hope this becomes a hit - an excuse to cruise Woodward twice a year is not a bad thing, is it? (I know, I know, I know - like we need an excuse to go cruise Woodward....)

JUSTA - if you do go, I'd be interested in any sort of swag they might have. Bumper stickers, signs, hats, pins, etc.

BTW - did you send this to Clarice to share with the Widetrackers?

Edited by Frosty

29 minutes ago, Frosty said:

I would L-O-V-E to go! The Roadmonster would fit right in. However, I will be North Carolina this weekend for another fellow FP member's wedding on Halloween. Gawd. This is a great idea. I hope this becomes a hit - an excuse to cruise Woodward twice a year is not a bad thing, is it? (I know, I know, I know - like we need an excuse to go cruise Woodward....)

JUSTA - if you do go, I'd be interested in any sort of swag they might have. Bumper stickers, signs, hats, pins, etc.

BTW - did you send this to Clarice to share with the Widetrackers?

No I did not send this to Clarice.   Would have to dig to find her Email.   Callin for more Rain Fri and poss Sat.  Might Justa take my scary muddy truck and see what's going on.  Show is by Wisner stadium then at 5pm heading for Scream Cruise to the M1.  Leaving there for BOOkley??? LOL.   Lots of other stuff goin on in Pontiac too.

image.thumb.png.35900e0101d3f31ef49af18c6a05f6aa.png

Can't forget Erebus.....https://www.10best.com/awards/travel/best-haunted-attraction-2019/

15 hours ago, JUSTA6 said:

I've heard that somewhere before.....Hmmm

It's technically called Vuja Dai, the feeling I've been here before.

• Haha 1

I don't see the problem Justa. Driving down Woodward with the game on the radio and DVRing the game. No problem !

Put the boat away on Sunday. May beat passing out candy.

Edited by Frosty
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Problem is I wanna drive the GTO again sooo damn bad, one last time.  Justa can't bring myself to get the entire underside full of mudd.  (it's raining as I type) To cold N late in the year to be layin on my back in the driveway with the friggin hose and a brush.  Dug out and pulled the spare 231 engine to the front.  This has all my new blower motor parts.  Justa have to figure out what went wrong on the initial startup of this motor.  Idled fine, but when I went to pull it out in the driveway, got a knock about 1500 to 2000 RPM, goes away at idle.  When I begin work on the Sunbird, the GTO goes to that side of the garage waiting for the painting process to begin.   If someone wanted to go to Scream, but wife has 0 interest, JustaG6 had oral surgery yesterday, Rivy Mike N my youngest daughter have plans. OR we would be up on the property Huntin.  Fulfilling the need to be tree'd.  

Edited by JUSTA6
  • Like 1

No shame in cruising in the Ranger for a day this time of year either. Granted, the GTO would be way cooler to cruise around in but I agree, with our weather right now, it ain't worth it.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

I know - my dad is probably laughing his butt off at me at the pearly gates right now. Karma is a bitch. As I would tell him "screw you old man!" He'd just laugh and laugh and laugh.

• Haha 1

Tired of these Ads? Purchase Enhanced Membership today to remove them!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.