Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

no name3's 1965 LeMans

2021 April
of the Month

• Welcome!

Welcome to Forever Pontiac, where we keep the memory of Pontiac alive with great discussion, maintenance tips, restoration/modification progression "blogs" and help from professional & DIY mechanics. Also, wonderful competitions that occur regularly. Please register for an absolutely free account to join in!

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

19 hours ago, jsslifelike said:

Hello, all. 

I've lurked here for a while now and I finally made a purchase in early November. I'd been looking for a '63 Pontiac full-size for about 5-ish years by that point. I wanted a nicely presentable driver that I could learn by replacing/upgrading things as I went, plus it'd be a great bonding opportunity for my boys and I as well. My grandfather was a mechanic at the local Pontiac-Cadillac dealer, but the Pall Malls got him long before I hand the chance to learn much from him. I'm working on power steering at the moment, coming up north I think has shrunken the torque converter seal, so that's next and a few odds/ends this winter need done. I also bought a reproduction '58 plate with the name of the little baby we lost inbetween the two we have and got a '63 sticker for it. I also plan on some sort of small dashboard container for some of his ashes at some point. Meet "Jonah". Car has PS, PB, A/C and power bench seat with 74k miles. Thanks for reading! 

1231191645~3.jpg

Welcome! America’s Heartland is called that for a reason, you represent us well!

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Featured Topics

• Similar Content

• By G6GXP
      Hey y’all been a minute since I’ve been on here I’m starting a new job soon and will be not be as active due to my schedule. I do miss having more time but money is more important at the moment. Quick little update I have been trying to find and buy these powers too sport upgrade for my car unfortunately only websites that have it in stock are sketchy ones. And I really don’t trust that. So right now I just have to be patient and hope they will be in stock sooner. Still trying to learn this website as well, it’s alittle confusing to me especially when I have barely been active on here in the first place lol! Follow my Instagram for more updates 🙏🏼 @g6.GXP 

• By G6GXP
      Hello To Everyone in the Pontiac community. Ive had a IG page on my car for about a year now. If you want to go check it out it's @g6.GXP. I usually don't post a lot due to my work and Finacial situation but when I do anything to my car I'm usually on top of it whether it's to post or even fix. I do post more stories than I do posting on my wall. But anyways I'm brand new on this website hopefully looking for help to upgrade my car in the best possible realistic way and maybe hope to meet "GOOD" positive people in the community. Maybe build a bond a link up at car meets or such. Hoping to find a lot of answers while being on here and look forward to talking with everyone about their cars. I'm not very knowable with cars but I'm very intrigued to understand and learn more as I go. I also love when people have the same car as me whether it's an 08 or 09 but overall I prefer the G6's (GXP) and G8's (gt,GXP). 

I am currently looking to take my governor off and tuning my car. Before I do that though I would want to get better brakes and the whole 9 yards. Also currently looking for wilwood brake kit for my car. (Rotors, Calipers and pads of course.) I'm not looking for "help" with my build but would appreciate any opinions or recommendations that will help to make my car faster and stronger. 

Look forward to seeing your thoughts 💭 
      A few more details... car is completely stock as of the moment of making this post. My check engine light is on because I need a back catalytic converter. Need a new oil pressure switch too.

• By Jraymsith
      Hi my 92 Pontiac Bonneville ssei only has 100k miles on it but for some reason all the gauges dont want to work they going up and down expect the RMP AND THE SPEED wich work fine but everything thing else looks like its trying to have a heart attack. Could someone please help on this issue 
    • By jsslifelike
      Hey, all-
      I've been combing through my '63 Chassis Manual, but I can't come up with much. The best I can do is to get the angle visible from the rear quarter. I've been told that adjusting these are a "lost cause", but is that true? Most of this is new to me(and I don't want to do any irreparable damage), so I'm trying not to overthink things and wondering if there's a simple solution I wouldn't be privy to. 
      As well, the passenger side fender has a dummy mirror that is at the exact same viewing angle rendering them both basically useless(besides aesthetics). Is there a way to change the fixed angle? It'd be fine if it was at least in the ballpark... 
      Thanks in advance! 
Tired of these Ads? Purchase Enhanced Membership today to remove them!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.