Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

J J Web's 1967 Lemans

2024 May
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Dodged a softball in the goat

Crimson

Alright so me and the lady are just leaving the house in the goat and these kids are playing catch in a yard up ahead....SO i know i need to watch them intently because if one runs in the street or something i obviously fear hitting them and i ALSO know kids suck ass at sports so this girl could throw a ball and it could hit me so im watching them like a hawk.

A girl appears in the adjacent yard with a kickball and hurls it toward the road and it falls short so im safe there, then i look left and the girl with the softball HURLS IT DIRECTLY towards the goat. I could tell by her expression she didn't mean to but as i said, young kids suck ass at sports. SO the ball is headed right for my A-pillar/driver window and im LUCKILY driving down the center of the road (narrow back road in my new neighborhood) and i SWERVE to the right dodging the softball NARROWLY and just glare at the young girl. I contemplated stopping and telling her that she needs to be careful throwing near streets but i didn't want some hillbilly parents coming out and yelling at me for "yelling" at their children.

All in all i almost crapped my pants but luckily the goat came out unscathed.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

:lol2::rofl::rofl::D:P:P:EDIT:

Close call!! I would have yelled at the kid or just been like be more careful next time!

like i said i was thinkin about it but windows were up and i just creeped by with a mad face on.

I was driving home from work one day, my neighbor's kids are on either side of the street throwing a ball across the street, so I slowed down. They stopped throwing the ball so I slowly drove pass them, one of the kids decides that he thinks it would be a good idea to throw the ball over my car to the kid on the other side of the street. I slammed on my brakes and threw the car in reverse (the look of surprise on the kid's face was priceless) and went off on the him...

Me "What is wrong with you? I don't throw things a people's cars!"

Kid "But I didn't hit your car"

Me "Did you hear what I said?!"

Kid "but..."

Me "Don't you dare do something like that again!"

I have anger issues :lol2:

I had another kid pop a bottle cap at my car, I also stopped and threw the car in reverse, they don't expect you to do that hahaha!!!!

But scariest close call I had was with fireworks, someone shot one off and it didn't go up, but down the street and right under my car as I was going about 45 mph, I hate the 4th of July.

' date='Sep 27 2010, 05:55 AM' post='37308']

Damn...

I would have screamed at the kid for sure.

At least the ball didn't hit your car.

i wanted to trust me. and yeah it was so damn close, after i swerved hard i was just listening for the thunk of it hitting my rear quarter but i didn't hear a thing....damn it scared me

• Founders

i know in retrospect i shoulda stopped and said something but still... had it been intentional you KNOW i woulda been in that yard.

Yea accidents happen which can be understood, you just gotta make sure that the kid learns from their mistakes aka yell at them lol. They won't forget that and then next time a car comes by they will wait for it to pass because they don't want to get yelled at :agreed:

I swear, people see vehicles as targets.

It's amazing how little respect/care/attention people have for other vehicles.

Especially the Gen Y kids.

From my job now and before, people view cars as disposable and a burden.

Not to mention, I've been given the stink eye just because I'll say I'm a car enthusiast. But that was back in college, mostly populated by hipsters and hippie losers.

Also, fock Generation Y.