Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Got to drive a new Kia Forte Koup the other night

[ChaosweaveR]

The other night I got my paws on one. And I have to say, Kia did a damn nice job with these cars. Great power from the 2.4L four, fit and finish was awesome, the interior was very well done, spacious interior, and I don't care what any of you say, the exterior is sharp as all hell. My only nit pick, it was a five speed auto.

pics:

58526_1620315349342_1280173449_31701395_1927712_n.jpg

58526_1620315469345_1280173449_31701398_4849494_n.jpg

59046_1378440593101_1594493783_857396_4742640_n.jpg

62029_1378441353120_1594493783_857397_7760711_n.jpg

58595_1378441593126_1594493783_857398_6798013_n.jpg

Only had 175 miles on it.

At speed, the car feels very stable and well planted. Acceleration is very nice for a four. The 2.4L is factory rated at 175HP, and you felt all the horses under acceleration. The seats are great, held me great. My only gripe, the gauge clusters seemed small. Then again, I'm used to my giant ones from my Grand Am. :lol2:

Would I buy one? Fock yes. Seriously, test drive one. Whether it's a friend's or from the dealership. These little buggers are slick.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

cool. looks a bit like a Civic to me...but when i saw these on the commercials i was like "hmm...they do look pretty good." so what do you think with a few mods?

cool. looks a bit like a Civic to me...but when i saw these on the commercials i was like "hmm...they do look pretty good." so what do you think with a few mods?

A CAI, exhaust, header and a tune would wake this bad boy up with a vengence. The five speed auto felt nice, but I want to drive one with a six speed manual gearbox.

• Founders

I personally am impressed with kia in this car but that's another reason why ill never take a serious look at it. Kia has never been a brand I liked or ever would feel safe in lol.

' date='Sep 17 2010, 09:05 AM' post='36624']

Seriously guys? You're gonna judge the car for the badge and that's it?

Nope I judged from experience :lol2: .

• Founders

Its kind of one of those things that its going to take more than one car to change the image I have of KIA and this car is good but it seems like their playing catch up or only arriving at par.

' date='Sep 17 2010, 06:05 AM' post='36624']

Seriously guys? You're gonna judge the car for the badge and that's it?

Nope, I'm judging all Asian brands. When I was stationed in Japan for 2 years I got to drive MANY different types of Asian vehicles, including KIA. I'm not a fan of them. The best thing I drove over there was a S13 Silvia.

my image of kia is slighty improving with their new lineup of cars...but still doesnt compare with some of the colossal German manufacturers IMHO. The day that Kia's are more desirable than BMW's will never happen for me.

I drove one thursday it was cool, not my favorite car at all but the lights on the speaker grilles are cool where you can have them strobe to the music or mood. I mean I would rather drive a Malibu though over one but its nicer than a cobalt at least minus SS/TC or SC variants. My favorite compacts go Malibu, Mazda 3, Focus(sync is awesome), forte. My least favorites are the Corolla, Cobalt, Civic.