Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Blog Coming Soon?

• Founders

Well over the past week or so an idea has been bouncing around my head of starting a Blog or article type system for the forum (to run parred with the forum ie "Forever Pontiac... THE BLOG"). I thought it would be a neat feature to have and also maybe grab some users who wouldn't otherwise else find us. All and all it is a good idea but...

With such an idea also proses a few dilemmas, the biggest one being that I'm not quite a fan of blogs or blogging but I do admit doing it on cars would be fun because well involve cars in anything and its fun :lol2: . The second one would be that I would like more than just myself to be an updater of said Blog or Article because I think that would be pretty boring to have one persons view on things throughout a blog and thus wouldn't track that many users.

First off I would like to see if anyone likes this idea here and thinks this would be a viable investment of time for myself and those who chose to be a part of this endeavor. Second I would like to see who would be interested in becoming part of the FP Blog team if this goes through.

...So yea let me know if you like this idea and if you're interested :agreed:

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

In my humble opinion, a Forum is one GIANT BLOG! It's all kinds of opinions and good information.

• Founders

In my humble opinion, a Forum is one GIANT BLOG! It's all kinds of opinions and good information.

Yea that's why it will be part of the forum, kind of like the "Forgotten and Future Classics" that we have now but it will cover any cars, all forum activities, etc... My whole thought process is to get out the information of new, old and current cars plus get people to discuss them more.

Like I said, this idea isn't set in stone. Just something I'm bouncing off the members here.

I love the idea of a blog, especially with the off topic things.

Also, we need to split up the OT section a bit better now that we're on the topic of change, I had this setup in mind:

1) General Discussion

2) Debate Room

3) Video Game Discussion

4) Sports Discussion

:agreed:

sorry. :(

and im a little lost on whats the diff from the forum vs blog in our case? :lol2:

• Founders

The main idea of the blog is to have a bi-weekly or weekly article writing which would then spark debates, answer questions, ask questions and overall discussion. Whether I can do this via a new forum section or a blog is not really the point here, its whether you guys would like this to go through and think this is a viable exploration.

Topics would include of course GM news, GM new/old/current cars, Other Auto news, Site news or happening and just basically anything going on in the world that is connected to these. Ultimately my idea was if this got popular enough I could go around to dealerships and see if they would let me test drive cars and then I would post my reviews and ratings on here. Kind of like getting the average mans idea on a car instead of a full out critic or someone who gets paid by the auto company to do a review on it.

Either way it sounds like fun to me and would like to gather 1 or 2 more people to do it with me.

Thoughts?

I like where this is going.

I, for one, would love to review cars weekly or bi-weekly and make a post on here about it. You've already seen my little "overview" on a G6GT sedan.

I'm down for this, I love voicing my opinion on these things.