Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

1978 DMC Kentera

I found this on craigslist in Detroit. This is a new one on me too.

https://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/cto/d/1978-dmc-kentera/6614599694.html

1978 DMC KENTERA 

condition: good 
cylinders: 8 cylinders 
drive: rwd 
fuel: gas 
paint color: black 
title status: clean 
transmission: other 

1978 DRAPER MOTOR COMPANY KENTERA, KENT DRAPER A CUSTOM CAR BUILDER FROM THE 80'S TRIED TO START HIS OWN CAR COMPANY BY BUILDING RECYCLING CARS. USING F-BODY GM'S, HE WAS GOING TO HAVE SEVERAL VERSIONS FROM DAILY DRIVERS TO PERFORMANCE MODELS. THIS CAR IS HIS #1 PROTO TYPE PERFORMANCE MODEL THE KENTERA BUILT OUT OF A 1978 GOLD SPECIAL EDITION T-TOP TA AND TO GO OVER 200 MPH WITH FEATURES SUCH AS A 455 PONTIAC SUPER DUTY ENGINE BUILT BY EARLY PONTIAC RACING LEGEND GEORGE DELOREN BROTHER OF JOHN DELOREN FORMER PONTIAC GM AND HE STARTED THE DELOREN CAR COMPANY OF COURSE.. THE 455 SUPER DUTY HAS A SOLID ROLLER CAM, 12,5 TO 1 COMPRESSION, A ONE OF A KIND SHEET METAL 6 PACK INTAKE 3 HOLLEY CARBS AND MORE. THE TRANSMISSIONS HAVE A TOTAL OF 24 GEARS, IT HAS A 3 SPEED HOOKED TO A 4 SPEED (3 X 4 =12) AND A OVERDRIVE UNIT FOR (2 X 12= 24). IT ALSO FEATURES HERB ADAMS COMPETITION SWAY BARS, HYDRABOOST BRAKES 4 WHEEL DISC BRAKES, 12 BOLT POSI REAR END AND MORE,. THE BODY HAS MANY CUSTOM AND ONE OFF PIECES AS WELL. THE CAR AND KENT WERE FEATURED ON KELLY AND COMPANY TV SHOW, (HAVE A DVD COPY OF IT) ALSO MANY NEWSPAPER AND OTHER FEATURE SUCH AS THE CHICAGO TRIBUNE AND MORE. CAR IS PARTIALLY DISASSEMBLED AND NEEDS TO BE COMPLETED BUT WILL START RIGHT UP AND THE ENGINE WILL ROAR.. NEW WILWOOD FRONT BRAKES AND MASTER CYLINDER HAVE BEEN ADDED AND ARE NEARLY COMPLETE, NEEDS ADDING FLUID AND BLEEDING OF BRAKES. FOR MORE PICS AND INFO SEE; http://www.zombiemotorsports.net/the-kentera-.html
I'M SURE THERE IS MORE I AM FORGETTING AT THE MOMENT, I HAD BIG PLANS TO FINISH THIS CAR BUT THINGS KEEP GETTING IN THE WAY SO I THOUGHT I'D SEE IF ANYONE ELSE WANTED TO TAKE CARE OF IT. I HAVE CONTACT INFO FOR KENT AND GEORGE IF YOU GET THE CAR I WILL PROVIDE THAT AS WELL.. THERE IS WAY MORE TO THE STORY OF THIS CAR IF YOU GO TO THE ABOVE WEB PAGE AND CLICK ON THE CHICAGO TRIBUNE ARTICLE YOU'LL UNDERSTAND."

image.png.ccfb03b5e4262af6290e6cda5098ec9e.pngimage.png.348db5187462a1984359d223123d0ded.png

image.png.2e4f60cd3e8d3a1291ba5fcfc9d04678.pngimage.png.30ba273e0e178e8b7d1c635fff4697d1.pngimage.png.e52aea5b60df931881c48e7fe24cdbf3.pngimage.png.316aac0f73c951e5ac7d7b04f3fa9be0.png

image.png.a04ae63e7b05ea4b78dfea4e9cc05ad5.png

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!