Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

2006 Torrent needs a blower harness

So my wife, ever the badass, looked into some issues that failed state inspection here in VA. She was also concerned about the blower switch after the blower resistor didn't fix her single speed problem. She pulled apart her dash console and found the attached connector issue on the blower control side of the wiring harness. So, we need to replace the harness. However, my google fu is not strong, and I can't find the actual part name or number.

Does anybody have a part name or part number for me?

blower_conn.thumb.JPG.31f8b5166dba9f98bfb3b66d2d4c8930.JPG

• Sad 1

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Brian1313 - Sorry to hear that you and your wife are experience this issue. Based on the photograph, can I assume that this was plugged into the back of the blower control switch or was it plugged into the blower motor/fan itself? I am guessing it is the switch giving the multiple leads but I want to be certain.

The blower motor is run by a 40A circuit. So when a resistor breaks down, that much current is going to fry something downstream eventually. It is one of the highest current systems in the car. The blower resistor problem in the Torrent/Equinox/VUE is sadly, well documented.

I was able to find this photograph online from an '06 Equinox. Is the connector you are holding in your photograph the same on I have circled in red?

06_Equinox_no_heat.thumb.jpg.19aa91b23dff28678298388a70865540.jpg

Since my wife was the one who pulled it apart this morning, I'm not sure which it is in the photo. I believe it was plugged into the back of the blower control switch.

I think it might be the one tucked behind the shifter knob.

06_Equinox_no_heat.jpg.00c9c1294d7a135056db5e22180bcf2e.jpg

Ok that is important to know - please confirm with her on which one it is and then we can try to move forward from there.

More research and speculation... Looks to be an AC Delco PT2187 pigtail.

http://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=926241&jsn=33&jsn=33

Matches the connector. I believe it would tie in to the instrument panel harness which is bloody expensive to replace the whole thing. If this is the right connector, (will confirm at home), then I'll just need to test continuity of the harness to the connector for the blower motor resistor, right?

The connector my wife is holding plugs directly in the Blower Control Switch. It is not the red circled connector Frosty thought it may have been.

Any thoughts on my research from yesterday?

The closest one doesn't have a torrent/equinox/vue on hand. the next closest is a hour plus drive. So i'm working phones and internet first.

It appears to be part of the instrument panel harness. Expensive and difficult part. Also why I'm looking at checking checking continuity and patching into the existing harness.

They may not have a torrent ... but I'd wager that's not a torrent specific part. Probably the same thing is used in the Montana and possibly many other cars.

Sorry I have been a tad preoccupied putting my own car back together Brian1313. I do believe your research does match up to the part your wife is holding in her hand. I would certainly try purchasing it to see if it matches up. If it doesn't, you can return it. The description from Rock Auto also lends itself to being the correct part too.

• 6 years later...

Hey guys I am facing the exact same issue. here was my fix. i took the Common power,high, med, and low speed wires from the switch and wired them onto a 25 amp 4 position rotary switch so i could have my Hi speed back. I just deleted the lowest setting. I just unplugged the pigtail going into the switch...It is currently winter here now so i have yet to test the AC but the light still switches on and can here the compressor kick in so fingers crossed.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, matt123 said:

Hey guys I am facing the exact same issue. here was my fix. i took the Common power,high, med, and low speed wires from the switch and wired them onto a 25 amp 4 position rotary switch so i could have my Hi speed back. I just deleted the lowest setting. I just unplugged the pigtail going into the switch...It is currently winter here now so i have yet to test the AC but the light still switches on and can here the compressor kick in so fingers crossed.

Good luck Matt.

• Like 1