Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Im looking at a GPGT on cl for 300. None of the windows or sunroof will close. Have to drive it home in 15 degree weather. WOuld like to fix on the spot when i purchase it. Maybe a fuse? PLease help

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Founders

If it's all I would think fuse or wiring. Does the car start and all the rest of the electronics work?

Here's a download for the 2000 GA Owner's Manual to help you out with fuses:

Ringo64 its a grand prix, not a grand am. But yes it does run and drive. WHen i buy it she will meet me halfway and i will drive it the rest of the way home. Im thinking a fuse but not sure. I hope thats all it is. 

• Founders
6 minutes ago, SharkCar19998 said:

Ringo64 its a grand prix, not a grand am. But yes it does run and drive. WHen i buy it she will meet me halfway and i will drive it the rest of the way home. Im thinking a fuse but not sure. I hope thats all it is. 

Whoops, sorry bout that. We have all owners manuals though from '98 to 2010.

Fuse would be the first suspect, also look to see if you also have a window relay in the circuit/fuse block. It may also failed. Last thing to consider is the master switch in the driver's door may have gone bad. It that is the case, you will have to replace the entire switch unit. Also look for loose electrical connections along the way as well.

Shark, I hope for you it's a fuse, but I doubt it! Most likely it's the ignition harness. The door widows and sunroof aren't on the same fuse. The ignition harness is a typical problem in all of GM's late 90's on till they changed to the can-bus wiring system. The GPs ignition harness uses 5 main 12v hot wires. 1 in 4 out. The switch that the harness is molded to is the problem. It has finger contacts , like distributer points, these fingers burn like points do. When they burn bad enough they won't flow 12v any longer. In most cases the only carry millivolts. Most likely you will find more things than just the windows malfunction. Each one of the 4 12v leads feeds a different group of components. The harness cost about $100.