Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Thanks!  I just moved up here this summer.  I almost, ALMOST, sold it before moving but I had spent so long looking for this one I knew I would never find it again, (blue on blue with a manual).  So finally I loaded her on a trailer and hauled her up the Alaskan Highway.  By the time I got here she was a very dirty girl, and I still find dirt in various nooks and crannies, but it has been worth it!  Luckily I get a good 9 months of good weather each year so life is good!

• Founders

That's great to hear! Great decision to not get rid of her then. Know how hard to find that combination is as I have been looking since 2010 for a good one :lol: 

What part of Alaska did you moved to? I've spent some time in the Anchorage / Seward area. I am glad you decided to keep your dream GTO too.

Edited by Frosty

4 hours ago, Ringo64 said:

That's great to hear! Great decision to not get rid of her then. Know how hard to find that combination is as I have been looking since 2010 for a good one :lol: 

Right?  I spent a year looking for it.  I had every auto buying website I could find bookmarked on my computer and would check them daily for cars up to 750 miles away.  Then one day a dealership 5 miles from my house popped up with exactly what I wanted.

1 hour ago, Frosty said:

What part of Alaska did you moved to? I've spent some time in the Anchorage / Seward area. I am glad you decided to keep your dream GTO too.

I moved to Wasilla near Anchorage.  So far I'm loving it!

• Like 2

On 11/15/2016 at 1:17 AM, JiggilyJoe said:

I moved to Wasilla near Anchorage.  So far I'm loving it!

Ok so you are north of town and Elemendorf AFB then...heading towards Denali National Park. You are in Sarah Palin country my friend....woo hoo!!!

I spent most of my time south east of Anchorage, around Girdwood, Alyeska, Portage, and Seward.

I highly recommend you take a charter boat tour of Resurrection Bay some time out of Seward. The wildlife is incredible. Orca whales and porpoises, puffins, sea otters, sea lions, and even bald eagles were all on display when I was there. Beluga whales come into Cook Inlet to feed on the salmon that are spawning in the spring too, so you can often see them at various look out poiints along the Seward Highway.

Trivia fact - the opening scene in the movie "The Hunt for Red October" where the Red October submarine is being towed out to sea was filmed in Resurrection Bay.

Edited by Frosty

That's cool!  I have been down to Girdwood for the summer Hippy craft fair in the woods.  That is some beautiful country, but then again I point out something almost daily to my wife and exclaim "look how beautiful that (mountain/river/valley/forest/random animal) is!"

Thanks for the warm welcome to the group everyone.  I've lurked around the forums for awhile now, but once I had a picture of my goat with snow on her, I knew I had to share. lol