Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Stock Rearview Mirror G6 Part #

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Come on Frosty, I thought you passed Cars 101? Haha

Jim, it doesn't have the part number stamped in somewhere?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk 2

• Founders

Come on Frosty, I thought you passed Cars 101? Haha

Jim, it doesn't have the part number stamped in somewhere?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk 2

Didn't have a chance to look at it this morning, might need to give it a once over.

Inside.

Thought there was only one true "rearview" mirror, the other two are side views :D

Technically speaking, all five mirrors in a car face to the rear regardless of their mounting location, The two optional mirrors located in either the driver or passenger sun visors are called "vanity" mirrors. Ha! Ha! Havoc I aced Cars 101 and 102 thank you very much !

Ringo, is the mirror a plain mirror or does it contain the call button for OnStar, or auto-magic headlight dimming or other electronics? I am wondering if you might get this cheaper at a bone yard versus a dealer. IMO it is not something I would think are popular re-sell items at a salvage yard. If it is a very plain, not frills mirror, you could always get an aftermarket one as well from the likes of SummitRacing or Jegs or your favorite hot rod shop.

• Founders

Well yes they all face the rear BUT the side view ones you see the side rear of your instead of the middle one is the middle rear... I think that makes sense :lol:

Plain Jane mirror, did some googling and found some going for $30ish which ain't half bad.

Damn sticky stuff that holds to the slide on thing came undone while I was putting up my sun visor and bam mirrir side face down on the shifter and the mirror has a nice big crack in the middle.

• Founders

OEM Mirror is a Donnelly 011083 if anyone else needs it.

Found one for $20 w/ free 2 day shipping online so I nabbed it. Probably find one cheaper at a yard but unfortunately don't have the time to run up to North Port :(

• 2 weeks later...