Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Chevrolet Code 130R Concept is a rear-wheel-drive dream [w/video]

Jedi3

Chevrolet Code 130R Concept is a rear-wheel-drive dream [w/video]

chevrolet-code-130r-concept-detroit.jpg

01-chevrolet-code-130r-concept-detroit_thumbnail.jpg02-chevrolet-code-130r-concept-detroit_thumbnail.jpg03-chevrolet-code-130r-concept-detroit_thumbnail.jpg04-chevrolet-code-130r-concept-detroit_thumbnail.jpg05-chevrolet-code-130r-concept-detroit_thumbnail.jpg06-chevrolet-code-130r-concept-detroit_thumbnail.jpg07-chevrolet-code-130r-concept-detroit_thumbnail.jpg08-chevrolet-code-130r-concept-detroit_thumbnail.jpg

By Zach BowmanRSS feed

Posted Jan 9th 2012 10:30AM

Comments286

General Motors would like to lure in younger buyers with a new small car that boasts more evocative styling. To that end, the company unveiled two new concepts at the 2012 Detroit Auto Show that may hint at things to come from Chevrolet. This is the first called the Chevrolet Code 130R Concept, which boasts a traditional coupe profile and seating for four. Subtle fender flares and an upright fascia help give the vehicle an aggressive, masculine presence, though GM says a production version could boast up to 40 miles per gallon.

Under the hood of the Code 130R, a turbocharged 1.4-liter four-cylinder engine delivers 150 horsepower and 148 pound-feet of torque, and an eAssist system lends an electric hand when needed. The Code 130R also boasts either a six-speed manual or a six-speed automatic transmission. With a front-engine, rear-wheel-drive layout, the Code 130R would offer buyers an engaging drive and design in an economical and affordable package, if it were ever built.

While purely a concept at this stage, GM says a production version would likely carry a price tag of around $25,000. That would put the sports car in perfect fighting range with the likes of the Subaru BRZ and Scion FR-S should the Code 130R Concept ever make it to the factory floor. Hit the jump for the press release and check out our galleries of live and official photos.

Show full PR text

RELATED GALLERYChevrolet Code 130R Concept

2012conceptcode130r27.jp_thumbnail.jpg12-concept-code130r-0077.jp_thumbnail.jpg2012conceptcode130r65.jp_thumbnail.jpg12-concept-code130r-0090.jp_thumbnail.jpg2012concept006_thumbnail.jpg

Image Credit: Live photos copyright 2012 Drew Phillips / AOL

video

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

By the looks of the size (not too big) of the car and that its RWD it looks like it would be a ton of fun to drive. says race car/slot car to me and great for road courses. IMO

The more I look at it the more I want one. If it drives anything like a sky/solstice im sold I loved how they drove, smaller cars in RWD are a tone of fun and have a great feel to them. I also love the 70/80's proportions of it, short trunk and longer hood and how the back glass drops straight down. Yes some of it is rounded off but it is shaped very much like havoc1482's car.

Looking at the side windows, I'm reminded of the old Neon coupe.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/13/Dodge_Neon_coupe_--_03-31-2011_1.jpg

No! BAD! Nothing GM is allowed to be compared to a Neon.

Sent from my mind using telekinesis.

No! BAD! Nothing GM is allowed to be compared to a Neon.

Sent from my mind using telekinesis.

THIS! LETS GO BACK TO COMPARING IT TO THE PHOENIX!

Sent from my ass using farts