Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Ford Evos Concept is a sexy sign of things to come

Jedi3

Ford Evos Concept is a sexy sign of things to come

ford-evos-concept-630.jpg

We now know what Ford is planning for the upcoming Frankfurt Motor Show. The manufacturer has released a slew of photos and information on its new Evos Concept – a design study that will likely influence the look of the company's products in the near future. While we aren't likely to see many four-door gullwing hatchbacks in the Ford product line any time soon, chances are that the automaker's artists will roll in elements like smaller, more discreet headlamps, more vertical hexoganal grille and a sleek silhouette. According to Ford design guru J Mays, the new look is penned, "not to provoke, but to seduce."

The look is likely to command Ford design for the next five years or so, and you won't hear any complaints from us on that front. Inside, the Evos also hints toward what's coming down the pike in terms of interior design as well. With a driver-oriented instrument panel and an inverted 'L' climate system, Mays says that future Ford models will boast a more cockpit-like feel.

Befitting a true concept car, Ford says that the Evos is powered by the same plug-in hybrid drivetrain found in the C-Max Energi. That means that a set of lithium-ion batteries store and release electricity to allow the vehicle to operate primarily as an electric vehicle. Hit the jump for the press release.

more pics:

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/ford-evos-c...#photo-4405032/

Source: Autoblog.com

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/08/30/ford-ev...things-to-come/

:rofl: WOW! :bacon:

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Founders

Looks good, I like it but I really think Ford needs a new grille cause that just screams Dodge to me (just without the chrome bars in it).

Also if you would have taken the Ford badge off and not have told me it was Ford, I would have guessed Jaguar

• Founders
' date='Aug 31 2011, 08:08 PM' post='58907']

>Not retro

That's my point. Retro is a style trend that needs to be killed with a shotgun.

Meh I love it, I love the cars from the 60s! Style of the 60s with the technology of now = me a happy camper

Meh I love it, I love the cars from the 60s! Style of the 60s with the technology of now = me a happy camper

I highly disagree. Retro is a fad, and it's already overstayed it's welcome. Ford has the right idea making fresh designs, and not latching onto the past.

You never saw in the 60's, designers constantly bringing back model designs from say, the 30's or 40's...why should GM do the same now?

• Founders
' date='Aug 31 2011, 08:36 PM' post='58910']

I highly disagree. Retro is a fad, and it's already overstayed it's welcome. Ford has the right idea making fresh designs, and not latching onto the past.

You never saw in the 60's, designers constantly bringing back model designs from say, the 30's or 40's...why should GM do the same now?

Oh I highly agree it's a fad and I don't want to see much more of it but live out the rest of the gen of the Camaro won't hurt, nor does it mean I don't want one or don't like it :)

Thing is you only see these 60's flashbacks on musclecars which guess when their start and IMO best era, the 60's.